Current: Adolescents, mental health, user involvement, breastfeeding, research methods, research design, cohorts, pragmatic trials, Trials within Cohorts (TwiCs) design, statistics in health research, systematic reviews.
Past: Complementary and alternative therapies, depression, anxiety, external/model validity, health economics, cohort multiple randomised controlled trial (cmRCT) design, qualitative methods, education.
Most articles are listed under "Vitenskapelige publikasjoner (Fra Cristin)" at the bottom of this page. Here are some additional titles:
Viksveen P, Bjønness SE, Berg SH, Cardenas NE, Game JR, Aase K, Storm M. User involvement in adolescents' mental healthcare: Protocol for a systematic review. BMJ Open [Accepted]
Relton C, Strong M, Thomas K, Whelan B, Walters SJ, Burrows J, Scott E, Viksveen P, Johnson M, Fox-Rushby J, Anokye N, Umney D, Renfrew MJ. Do conditional cash transfers improve 6-8 week breastfeeding prevalence? The NOurishing Start for Health (NOSH) trial, an area-based cluster randomised controlled trial in England. JAMA Pediatrics [Accepted]
Viksveen P, Relton C, Nicholl J. Benefits and challenges of using the cohort multiple randomised controlled trial design for testing an intervention for depression. Trials 2017; 18(1). DOI:10.1186/s13063-017-2059-4
Mathie RT, Ulbrich-Zürni S, Viksveen P, Roberts ER, Baitson ES, Legg LA, Davidson JRT. Systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised, other-than-placebo (OTP) controlled, trials of individualised homeopathic treatment (IHT): Study protocol. Available at https://www.hri-research.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Mathie-et-al-Systematic-review-and-meta-analysis-of-randomised-OTP-controlled-trials-of-IHT-Study-protocol-2016.pdf (last visited 05.12.2016)
Viksveen P. Homeopathic treatment of patients suffering from ADHD - an overview and critique of current evidence. The University of Central Lancashire, Master of Science course, 2007.
SUBMITTED/UNDER REVIEW/UNDER DEVELOPMENT
Viksveen P, Fibert P, Relton C. Homeopathy in the treatment of depression: a systematic review. [Under review]
Yde C, Viksveen P, Duckworth J. A small qualitative study on cancer patients' reasons for use and experiences with homeopathic treatment as an adjunct to usual care. [Under review]
Mathie RT, Viksveen P, Ulbrich-Zürni S, Robert ER, Baitson ES, Legg LA, Davidson JRT. Systematic review of 'pragmatic' randomised controlled trials of individualised homeopathic treatment. [Under Development]
I have been a reviewer for the following journals/groups: BMC Health Services Research, eCAM, Homeopathy, European Journal of Integrative Medicine, PLOS Medicine, The Cochrane Collaboration Group.
Viksveen P. Constructive alignment. The University of Central Lancashire, Master of Science course, 2008.
Viksveen P. How can supervision contribute to the quality of homeopathy practice? The University of Central Lancashire, Master of Science course, 2008.
Viksveen P. What is problem-based Learning and what are the claimed effects? Pedagogy in-depth studies (PED2000), University of Oslo, Institute of Pedagogical Research, 2006.
PRESENTATIONS & TEACHING
Viksveen P. Meet a researcher - Randomised controlled trials and cohort/register data. Master in Nursing Specialities (MSS100). University of Stavanger, Master of Nursing Specialization, 04.10.2017.
Viksveen P. Complementary and alternative medicine - Introduction to CAM and nurses' communication with patients about CAM. University of Stavanger, Bachelor in Nursing, 02.10.2017.
Viksveen P, Bjønness SE, Berg SH, Aase K, Storm M (presenter). User involvement in adolescents' mental healthcare: Protocol for a systematic review. Presentation at Health Services Research Conference, Trondheim, Norway, 14. - 15.03.2017.
Viksveen P. Cohorts and registries - Sources of multiple trials and studies. Teaching/presentation for Supervisors. University of Stavanger, Master of Nursing Specialization, 14.03.2017.
Viksveen P. Research methods and statistics. Teaching/presentation for exam preparations. University of Stavanger, Master of Nursing Specialization, 03.02.2017.
Viksveen P. Statistics using SPSS. Teaching/presentation. University of Stavanger, Master of Nursing Specialization, 19.01.2017.
Viksveen P. Adolescents, mental health and user involvement. Presentation of a planned research project. University of Stavanger, Master of Health Science & Master of Nursing Specialization, 18.01.2017.
Viksveen P. Randomized controlled trials and cohorts/registries. Teaching/presentation at the University of Stavanger, Master of Health Science & Master of Nursing Specialization, 10.01.2017.
User involvement in adolescents' mental health care, University of Stavanger.
NOSH breast feeding research project, University of Sheffield. https://www.shef.ac.uk/scharr/sections/ph/research/breastmilk
Development and assessment of environmentally friendly biological products in plant production.
Research Consultant, NOSH breastfeeding research project, University of Sheffield, from 2016.
Administering Director, Den sosialpedagogiske høgskolen, Sandnes, 2015.
Research Advisor, NAFKAM, and Scientific Coordinator, CAM-Cancer Consortium, University of Tromsø, 2009 - 2011. https://uit.no/om/enhet/forsiden?p_dimension_id=88112 and http://cam-cancer.org/
Teacher and supervisor, SIKH, Oslo, 1999 - 2011.
Clinical practice since 1990, currently at Sanitetsforeningens helsehus, Stavanger.
- Relton, Clare; Cooper, Katy; Viksveen, Petter; Fibert, Philippa; Thomas, Kate (2017). Prevalence of homeopathy use by the general population worldwide: a systematic review.. Homeopathy. ISSN 1475-4916. Volum 106. Hefte 2. s. 69-78. DOI: 10.1016/j.homp.2017.03.002.
- Viksveen, Petter; Relton, Clare (2017). Depressed patients’ experiences with and perspectives on treatment provided by homeopaths. A qualitative interview study embedded in a trial. European Journal of Integrative Medicine. ISSN 1876-3820. Volum 15. s. 73-80. DOI: 10.1016/j.eujim.2017.09.004.
- Viksveen, Petter; Relton, Clare; Nicholl, Jon (2017). Depressed patients treated by homeopaths: a randomised controlled trial using the “cohort multiple randomised controlled trial” (cmRCT) design.. Trials. ISSN 1745-6215. Volum 18. Hefte 299. DOI: 10.1186/s13063-017-2040-2.
- Thompson, Elizabeth; Viksveen, Petter; Barron, Susan (2016). A patient reported outcome measure in homeopathic clinical practice for long term conditions.. Homeopathy. ISSN 1475-4916. Volum 105. Hefte 4. s. 309-317. DOI: 10.1016/j.homp.2016.05.001.
- Relton, Clare; Viksveen, Petter; Kessler, Ulrike (2014). The Making Cases Count intiative.. Complementary Therapies in Medicine. ISSN 0965-2299. Volum 22. Hefte 4. s. 621-624. DOI: 10.1016/j.ctim.2014.04.006.
- Viksveen, Petter; Dymitr, Zofia; Simoens, Steven (2014). Economic evaluations of homeopathy: a review.. European Journal of Health Economics. ISSN 1618-7598. Volum 15. Hefte 2. s. 157-174. DOI: 10.1007/s10198-013-0462-7.
- Viksveen, Petter; Relton, Clare (2014). Depression treated by homeopaths: a study protocol for a pragmatic cohort multiple randomised controlled trial.. Homeopathy. ISSN 1475-4916. Volum 103. Hefte 2. s. 147-152. DOI: 10.1016/j.homp.2014.01.004.
- Viksveen, Petter; Steinsbekk, Aslak; Rise, Marit By (2013). What is a competent homeopath and what do they need in their education? A qualitative study of educators’ views. Education for Health. ISSN 1357-6283. Volum 25. Hefte 3. s. 172-179. DOI: 10.4103/1357-6283.109798.
- Viksveen, Petter; Steinsbekk, Jan-Aslak (2011). Undergraduate homeopathy education in Europe and the influence of accreditation. Homeopathy. ISSN 1475-4916. Volum 100. Hefte 4. s. 253-258. DOI: 10.1016/j.homp.2011.06.006.
- Viksveen, Petter; Steinsbekk, Aslak (2005). Changes in patients visiting a homeopathic clinic in Norway from 1994 to 2004.. Homeopathy. ISSN 1475-4916. Volum 94. Hefte 4. s. 222-228. DOI: 10.1016/j.homp.2005.08.013.
- Viksveen, Petter; Bjønness, Stig Erlend; Berg, Siv Hilde; Aase, Karina; Storm, Marianne (2017). User involvement in adolescents' mental Health care. Nasjonalt nettverk for helsetjensteforskning, NTNU Helse; 2017-03-14 - 2017-03-15.
- Viksveen, Petter; Relton, Clare; Nicholl, Jon (2017). Benefits and challenges of using the cohort multiple randomised controlled trial design for testing an intervention for depression..
- Tournier, Alex; Roberts, Rachel; Viksveen, Petter (2013). Adverse effects of homeopathy: a systematic review of published case reports and case series - comment by Tournier et al..
- Viksveen, Petter (2010). CAM-CANCER - A European, evidence-based information platform for health professionals.