- BSc in Petroleum Engineering, 3 years (taught in Norwegian)
- BSc in Petroleum Geosciences Engineering, 3 years (taught in Norwegian and English)
- Integrated BSc/MSc in Petroleum Engineering, 5 years (bachelor level is taught in Norwegian, master level is taught in English)
- MSc in Petroleum Engineering, 2 years (taught in English)
Specialization in the MSc Program in Petroleum Engineering:
- Drilling Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Reservoir Engineering
- MSc in Petroleum Geosciences Engineering, 2 years (taught in English)
This programme was elected the best geoscience master programme in a 2017 student survey.
Research training at UiS equals a workload of three years, and is applicable for candidates who have completed a master's degree. The research training consists of: courses, independent research in active collaboration with the academic adviser and other researchers. Participation in active national and international research environments, doctoral thesis, doctoral dissertation with a trial lecture and a defence of the thesis.
Read more about the .