The Faculty of Science and Technology is divided into five departments:
- The Department of Petroleum Engineering
- The Department of Industrial Economics, Risk Management and Societal Safety
- The Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- The Department of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- The Department of Mechanical and Structural Engineering and Materials Science
Want to become a student? You will find an overview of study opportunities here.
Some of the research conducted at the Faculty of Science and Technology is at the very forefront of scientific achievement in its respective areas.
Situated in the "oil capital" of Norway, one of the world's largest oil exporters, the University of Stavanger is world-class when it comes to petroleum science. It also has strong research groups in the offshore technology field.
The petroleum industry is Norway's biggest source of income and plays an important role in world economy. We are proud to have Norway's largest research group studying petroleum economy.
Risk management is also of crucial relevance to the oil and gas industry. Our university has been world-leading in this field for decades. Many of the research activities are organised within the Centre for risk management and societal safety (SEROS).