This major event will be organised by the Cluster on Industrial Asset Management (CIAM) at the University of Stavanger, in Norway. CIAM together with all its industrial partner companies will be working together with UiS, Stavanger Chamber of Commerce, Maritimt Forum, Greater Stavanger and Region Stavanger to ensure the event's success.
The World Congress on Engineering Asset Management has been held annually since 2006 commencing with the inaugural event on the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia. It brings around 300 participants from all over the world - the academics, practitioners and scientists travel each year to attend this annual event in order to:
- promote research, development and application in the field of Engineering Asset Management;
- strengthen the link between academic researchers and industrial practitioners in the field;
- showcase the state of the art systems and technology in Engineering Asset Management.
CIAM, with the leadership of Professor Jayantha P. Liyanage feels honored to be chosen to host the WCEAM in 2018 especially since it marks CIAM's 20th year anniversary.
Delegates representing both scientific institutions and universities such as Cambridge, University of Cincinnati USA, Queensland University of Technology, Australia as well as commercial companies like IBM are represented.
Focus for the Conference will be:
- How can we ‘digitalize’ our engineering systems and make critical public infrastructures safer and smarter
- What can we learn from the top industrial experience and ground breaking research work around the world
- How can we create new opportunities for organizations in our region, and who can be our global partners for the next step forward
By doing so, we also intend to create new impulses and stimulate those who have good ideas to join hands to generate new joint industry innovation projects, R&D projects towards H2020, among others, to contribute to Regional innovation efforts.
The 2017 conference will be in Australia. For more information about WCEAM, please visit their website.