Master in International Hospitality Management - learning outcomes
When you finish the program we will have provided you with opportunities to acquire the following knowledge, skills and competence:
- Know and understand important management and leadership challenges in tourism and hospitality industries.
- Know and understand fundamental theories for management and leadership in the tourism and hospitality industries.
- Know and understand the psychology of employees and customers.
- Know and understand the principles of doing research in management-related social sciences.
- Be able to search, evaluate and integrate state-of-the art existing knowledge.
- Be able to choose and apply, in a moral and ethical way, relevant knowledge on hospitality- and tourism relevant problems and challenges, decisions, implementation and control.
- Be able to structure problems, and collect and apply information to make optimal decisions.
- Be able to plan and conduct research.
- Be able to write management memos and scientific papers.
- Have a lasting competence to work as a manager and leader in service related industries.
- Have an ability to facilitate the operation of a multicultural work place and to work effectively as a team member in international networks.
- Have acquired competence to contribute to science and knowledge.
- Have a scientifically based competence for life-long learning.
- Be ready to enter a PhD program
Last updated: 21.09.2017