The course is meant for students who do not have any knowledge of Norwegian and will therefore start at a beginner’s level.
Upon successful completion of the course and passed final exam, students meet the Norwegian language requirement demanded by the Norwegian Universities and Colleges Admission Service (NUCAS) to be admitted to Norwegian universities and colleges.
Please note that the attendance at all the classes is obligatory. You cannot combine this study programme with full-time work/study.
Study permit (visa)
Admission to the Norwegian Language and Culture programme does not make a student eligible for a Norwegian study permit (visa). Therefore, applicants who are not from EU/EEA countries are required to document a valid residence permit which covers the entire academic year (1 August-30 June) or attestation explaining visa status.
Students of the Norwegian Language and Culture programme are not eligible for financial support from the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund (Lånekassen).
The following applicants will be prioritised in accordance with UU Sak 19/13 approved by the Education Committee on 15 May 2013:
- Applicants residing in Norway without any higher education beyond basic academic requirements mentioned in the GSU-list.
- Applicants residing in Norway without academic education equivalent to a Master's degree in Norway.
- Applicants from countries exempted from visa requirements without higher education beyond basic academic requirements mentioned in the GSU-list.
- Applicants residing in Norway with higher education equivalent to a Master's degree in Norway.
- Applicants from countries exempted from visa requirements with higher academic education.