In this section you will find more information about:
- Important information before you apply
- How to upload a successful application
- Documentation Naming system
- Documentation Checklist
- Additional documentation requirements for applicants who have completed higher secondary school in Iran, Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Pakistan
- There must only be one file uploaded for each type of document. For example, transcript of records; all pages have to be uploaded together as one file.
- Submission of fraudulent documents is illegal, and will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
- A check of the authenticity of your documents will be done after your arrival to the University of Stavanger.
- By applying to the University of Stavanger you agree to allow the University of Stavanger to verify the authenticity of your documentation. The University of Stavanger maintains the right to contact governments, agencies, institutions and associations in order to verify your documentation.
- If you have documents stored in "My documents" in the application portal Søknadsweb from previous applications, you do not have to upload the same documents again. Please be aware that you are still required to use the correct naming system, see below in the documentation checklist.
It is the applicant's responsibility to follow the documentation requirements. Documentation that not fulfills the requirements will not be considered.
- Only upload official documentation.
- Documents consisting of several pages must be scanned into one PDF file.
- If the documentation is not in Norwegian, Danish, Swedish or English, it must be officially translated. Upload the original and the officially translated version in one PDF file.
- We accept only PDF files. Compressed files will not be accepted (ex, RAR, ZIP) as we can not open those.
- Only submit what is required. Other documentation will not be taken into consideration and only delays the admission process.
- Use the names as described in the documentation naming system.
- Scanned documents must be clear and legible. Revers pages with official signatures and stamps must also be uploaded. The text must appear "right -side up". Photos, bad quality copies and unreadable documents will not be considered.
- You can see the documents you have uploaded in ‘My Documents’ in the application portal Søknadsweb.
- When we process your application, we lock your documents from being deleted.
Please name the documentation as follows before uploading the files:
|Documentation type||File name|
|Statement of purpose||SOP|
|Final diploma from higher secondary education||SEC-country (Ex: SEC-Nigeria)|
|University diploma(s)||DIP-BC (Bachelor's) DIP-MA (Master's) if applicable|
|Transcript of records||TOR-BC (Bachelor's) TOR-MA (Master's) if applicable|
|English language requirements||ENG|
|Passport copy and documentation of change of name (if applicable)||PASS|
|Official documents proving residential address in Norway||RES-EU/EEA|
Updated document must be uploaded as one PDF file.
2. Statement of purpose
Maximum 600 words.
3. Final diploma from higher secondary education
This document must be in accordance with the GSU-list. If the document is not in Norwegian, Danish, Swedish or English, it must be officially translated. Both translations and originals must be uploaded in the same PDF file.
EU-applicants who graduate in June and cannot present their final diploma by the admission deadline should upload a temporary or interim transcript of records together with a confirmation issued by their secondary school, stating the date of expected graduation. Last day to submit the Final Diploma is 1 August.
4. University diploma(s) and transcript of records (if applicable):
Upload the transcript of records from all your higher education. If the documentation is not in Norwegian, Danish, Swedish or English, it must be officially translated. Both translations and originals must be uploaded in the same PDF file.
Upload the final diploma from your higher education. If the document is not in Norwegian, Danish, Swedish or English, it must be officially translated. Both translations and originals must be uploaded in the same PDF file.
Upload the document as PDF.
If you are not able to submit your test results within the deadline, 1 March, you need to upload the receipt of your test registration. The last day to submit the test results is 1 June. This requires that you and the International Office have agreed on this via e-mail, and that you submit all other required documentation within the deadline 1 March.
6. Copy of passport /Documentation of change of name (If applicable):
Upload a scanned copy of your passport, only the page with photograph and name. The passport must be valid by the time of applying.
In case you have changed your name, please provide documentation of this in the same PDF file as the passport. If the documentation is not in Norwegian, Danish, Swedish or English, it must be officially translated. Both translations and originals must be uploaded in the same PDF file.
7. Residence permit:
Only applicable for non-EU/EEA citizens residing in Norway. A copy of both sides of the recidence permit is required in one PDF file.
8. Official documents proving residential address in Norway
Only applicable for EU/EEA residing in Norway. For example Residence Certificate from Skatt Vest/Skatteetaten.
Applicants who have completed their education in Gambia, Ghana, Iran, Liberia, Nigeria, Pakistan or Sierra Leone must fulfil the additional documentation requirements:
- Iran: both Pre-University Diploma and High School Diploma have to be officially translated by the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria and Sierra Leone: Access card/scratch card for the WAEC online result has to be provided. Please double check that your results are available online.
- Pakistan: Documentation from higher education must be certified by the Higher Education Commission (HEC).