SiS and UiS accommodation
International students can be accommodated in two different types of student housing, SiS or UiS accommodation.
The accommodation owned by the Student Welfare Organisation in Stavanger (SiS) is sponsored by the state and therefore reasonably priced.
Since there is not enough SiS accommodation for international students, the University of Stavanger (UiS) rents accommodation on the private market, which are then rented out to students. The UiS accommodation is more expensive than the SiS accommodation, but more affordable than what students can expect to find on the private market in Stavanger.
Applying for accommodation
International students who have been admitted through the International Office must apply for accommodation through the International Office as they cannot apply through the SiS webpage. Information about applying for accommodation will be sent with the Letter of Admission.
International students who have been admitted through Samordna Opptak or local admissions should apply through SiS.
- Due to the difficult housing situation in Stavanger we cannot guarantee accommodation for all international students. However, students who apply within the deadline are normally offered accommodation.
- It is not possible to choose accommodation with regard to price or location. You will receive only one housing offer and if you reject it, you have to make your own arrangements.
- Detailed information (price and location) will only be provided upon your arrival in Stavanger.
- Contracts cover usually one or two full semesters, andfull semesters only (five months*). Contracts may not be terminated during the first semester.
- There are no family flats available to international students.
- The International Office is not responsible for accommodation related matters.
* Exception: Minimum rental period of three months can be given to students following Comparative Educational Studies and approved academic internship programmes (nursing and social work).