I have been working on different Petroleum Engineering projects since 2011. I started to work as a PhD researcher in UiS in September, 2018. The main goal of this project is to investigate well integrity issues relevant for geothermal wells, further develop existing standards and establish knowledge transfer between petroleum and renewable energy.
I've got my MSc from Middle East Technical University (METU), Ankara, Turkey in Petroleum & Natural Gas Engineering and my bachelors degree in Petroleum Engineering from AmirKabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic-AUT), Tehran, Iran in 2015 and 2012 respectively .
- Petroleum Engineering
- Geothermal Energy
- Drilling Engineering
- Well Integrity
- Cutting Transportation
- Drilling Fluid
- Payam Allahvirdizadeh, Ergun Kuru, Mahmut Parlaktuna, Experimental Investigation of Solids Transport in Horizontal Concentric Annuli Using Water and Drag Reducing Polymer-Based Fluids, accepted and printed in Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering, Volume 35, Part A, September 2016, Pages 1070?1078.
- Payam Allahvirdizadeh, Ergun Kuru, Mahmut Parlaktuna, A Comparative Study of Cuttings Transport Performance of Water versus Polymer-Based Fluids in Horizontal Wells, presented at 2015 IPETGAS International Petroleum and Natural Gas Congress and Exhibition, Ankara, Turkey.
Geothermal Energy and Well Integrity
- Research Fellow; UiS, Stavanger, Norway (September,2018- Present)
- Senior Petroleum Engineer; Jondishapour Co, Tehran, Iran (May, 2017-July, 2018)
- Petroleum Engineer/Business Development Specialist; BM Holding, Ankara, Turkey (November 2016-February 2017)
- Research/Teaching Assistant; Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey (January 2014-January 2015)
- Petroleum Engineer (Intern); NIOC, Ardabil, Iran