I received BSc from the Tabriz University(2010) and MSc from the Amirkabir University of Technology(2013) in Iran, majoring in Electric Power Engineering-Energy Management. After graduating from AUT and teaching one semester as a lecturer in Islamic Azad University, I worked with companies related to energy systems and renewable energy fields for more than four years. In the meanwhile, I published more than ten Journal and conference papers in the fields of electrical and energy systems engineering and modeling, renewable energy systems, integration of renewable resources in power system, power system economics and optimization, and smart grids. I am currently a Research Fellow at the University of Stavanger working on solar energy, especially building integrated photovoltaic systems (BIPV) in urban areas.
- Electrical and Energy Systems Engineering and Modeling
- BIPV Systems
- Zero Energy City
- Electricity Market
- Renewable Energy Systems
- AI and Optimization in Power System
- Data Mining
- Energy Management and Planning
A full list of publications could be found here:
BIPV potential and challenges in urban areas
- Research Fellow in Solar Energy at UiS (from Sep. 2018)
- Senior Technical Engineer, Paraye Co., Tehran, Iran (Sep. 2015-Aug. 2018)
- Electrical Engineer of Power & Energy Group, Engineering Development Department of Rasa Rayan Co., Tehran, Iran (Mar. 2015-Sep. 2015)
- Technical Support Engineer, Behine sazan 1999 Co., Tehran, Iran (Sep. 2014-Mar.2015)
- Lecturer, Islamic Azad university of Shal, Qazvin, Iran (Sep. 2013-Feb.2014)
- Gholami, Hassan; Røstvik, Harald Nils (2020). Economic analysis of BIPV systems as a building envelope material for building skins in Europe. Energy. ISSN 0360-5442. Volume 204. DOI: 10.1016/j.energy.2020.117931.
- Esmailian, Ehsan; Gholami, Hassan; Røstvik, Harald Nils; Menhaj, Mohammad Bagher (2019). A novel method for optimal performance of ships by simultaneous optimisation of hull-propulsion-BIPV systems. Energy Conversion and Management. ISSN 0196-8904. Volume 197. p. 1-17. DOI: 10.1016/j.enconman.2019.111879.
- Gholami, Hassan; Røstvik, Harald Nils; Müller-Eie, Daniela (2019). Analysis of solar radiation components on building skins for selected cities. In: Proceedings of 14th Conference on Advanced Building Skins. Advanced Building Skins. ABS. ISBN 978-3-9524883-0-0. p. 541-549.
- Gholami, Hassan; Røstvik, Harald Nils; Müller-Eie, Daniela (2019). Holistic economic analysis of building integrated photovoltaics (BIPV) system: case studies evaluation. Energy and Buildings. ISSN 0378-7788. Volume 203. DOI: 10.1016/j.enbuild.2019.109461.
- Mohammadi, Farshad; Gholami, Hassan; Gharehpetian, Gevork; Hosseinian, Seyed Hossein (2016). Allocation of centralized energy storage system and its effect on daily grid energy generation cost. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. ISSN 0885-8950. Volume 32. Booklet 3. DOI: 10.1109/TPWRS.2016.2613178.
- Gholami, Hassan; Khalilnejad, Arash; Gharehpetian, Gevork (2015). Electrothermal performance and environmental effects of optimal photovoltaic–thermal system. Energy Conversion and Management. ISSN 0196-8904. Volume 95. p. 326-333. DOI: 10.1016/j.enconman.2015.02.014.
- Gholami, Hassan; Sarwat, Arif; Hosseinian, Seyed Hossein; Khalilnejad, Arash (2015). Evaluation of optimal dual axis concentrated photovoltaic thermal system with active ventilation using Frog Leap algorithm. Energy Conversion and Management. ISSN 0196-8904. Volume 105. DOI: 10.1016/j.enconman.2015.08.033.
- Røstvik, Harald Nils; Gholami, Hassan (2020). Økonomisk konkurransedyktige solstrømanlegg..