|Faculty||Faculty of Social Sciences|
|Department||Department of Media and Social Sciences|
|Notes||Room EOJ 303|
PhD Project Title: Policy Framework Interactions for Cross-Border Cooperation in Energy Systems Transitions
Benjamin R. Silvester is a PhD Fellow at the University of Stavanger. He is a member of the ENSYSTRA Project, which looks at Energy Systems in Transition. The project is funded through the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Sk?odowska-Curie grant agreement No: 765515.
Benjamin is working in collaboration with 14 other early-stage researchers on the ENSYSTRA project, which focuses on four main research lines, and looks at the interaction of technology, behaviour and governance, and investigates how these interactions feed into and are linked to whole energy systems.
The current title of his PhD is Policy Framework Interactions for Cross-Border Cooperation in Energy Systems Transitions, where he studies transitions towards sustainable energy systems, focuses on cooperation amongst states, and explores the future assigned role of Norwegian hydropower in an integrated European system.
For more information, please see https://ensystra.eu/benjamin-silvester/
Energy Systems Transitions, Sustainable Energy Transitions, Transitions Theory, Political Feasibility
Benjamin is currently conducting research on the areas of political feasibility and Norwegian hydropower integration with Europe.
He is currently working on two conference papers:
1) Exploring political feasibility: illuminating political potentials through the navigation of soft and hard constraints
2) Exploring the potential for Norwegian hydropower integration with Europe: Norway as the ?green battery? or balancing power of Europe
- Silvester, Benjamin Ronald (2019). Policy Framework Interactions For Cross-Border Cooperation In Energy Systems Transitions. University of Groningen;
- Silvester, Benjamin Ronald (2019). Political feasibility in sustainable transitions scholarship: illuminating political potentials through soft, hard, and harder constraints’. Carleton University; 2019-06-23 - 2019-06-26.
- Silvester, Benjamin Ronald (2019). The energy transition and Norway’s hydropower. Professor Zafer Özgen;