Ari Tarigan obtained his Doctoral of Engineering in Kyoto University, Japan and Master of Engineering from IHE Delft, Netherlands. His research and teaching areas include road safety, traffic engineering, travel behaviour, transportation planning, water and wastewater system, urban infrastructure planning.
He won a competitive UiS's research grant for a mobility program to visit Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Japan. Together with NIBIO, he has been recently awarded a generous research grant from the University Fund to execute a research project on "Green Infrastructure for liveable and sustainable cities" (2019-2023).
He is available to discuss any possibilities related to his field for research and industry-based projects. He has no research fund for PhD projects at the moment, but he always welcomes potential researchers with external/own funding that are willing to collaborate or working under his supervision.
Darmowijoyo, D.B.E., Susilo, Y.O., Tarigan, A.K.M. , Joewono, T.B., Multitasking behaviour and daily subjective well-being. Submitted for publication.
Tarigan, A,K.M., Sagala, S., Sasongko, A. From risk to resilience: Assessments of climate-change vulnerabilities in Semarang. Submitted for publication.
Sagala, S., Tarigan, A.K.M.., Alberdi H.A., Faruq U.A., Institution adaptive capacity: A qualitative framework to measure energy security in Palembang. Submitted for publication.
Dhimas Bayu Anindito, Saut Sagala, Tarigan., A.K.M., Local Development Participatory Planning in the Digital Era: The Case of e-Musrenbang, Indonesia. Submitted for publication.
2018-now: Associate Professor, University of Stavanger, Stavanger, Norway
2018: Postdoctoral Fellow, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
2012: Project Engineer, Engie Fabricom (now Endur), Stavanger, Norway
2010: Project Collaborator, IRIS, Stavanger, Norway
2006: Stipendiat, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
- Irawan, Muhammad Zudhy; Belgiawan, Prawira Fajarindra; Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Wijanarko, Fajar (2019). To compete or not compete: exploring the relationships between motorcycle-based ride-sourcing, motorcycle taxis, and public transport in the Jakarta metropolitan area. Transportation. ISSN 0049-4488. DOI: 10.1007/s11116-019-10019-5.
- Joewono, Tri Basuki; Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Rizki, Muhammad (2019). Segmentation, Classification, and Determinants of In-Store Shopping Activity and Travel Behaviour in the Digitalisation Era: The Context of a Developing Country. Sustainability. ISSN 2071-1050. Volume 11. Booklet 6. DOI: 10.3390/su11061591.
- Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira (2019). Expectations, attitudes, and preferences regarding support and purchase of eco-friendly fuel vehicles. Journal of Cleaner Production. ISSN 0959-6526. Volume 227. p. 10-19. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.04.190.
- Sukor, Nur Sabahiah Abdul; Basri, Nur Khairiyah; Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira (2018). The role of incentives towards adolescents’ commitment to use public transport in Malaysia. Transportation planning and technology (Print). ISSN 0308-1060. Volume 41. DOI: 10.1080/03081060.2018.1435451.
- Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Sagala, Saut (2018). The pursuit of greenness: explaining low-carbon urban transformation in Indonesia. International Planning Studies. ISSN 1356-3475. Volume 23. Booklet 4. p. 408-426. DOI: 10.1080/13563475.2018.1513360.
- Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Sukor, Nur Sabahiah Abdul (2018). Consistent versus inconsistent behaviour of helmet use among urban motorcyclists in Malaysia. Safety Science. ISSN 0925-7535. Volume 109. p. 324-332. DOI: 10.1016/j.ssci.2018.06.019.
- Wimbardana, Ramanditya; Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Sagala, Saut (2018). Does a Pedestrian Environment Promote Walkability? Auditing a Pedestrian Environment Using the Pedestrian Environmental Data Scan Instrument. Journal of Regional and City Planning (JRCP). ISSN 2502-6429. Volume 29. Booklet 1. p. 57-66. DOI: 10.5614/jrcp.2018.29.1.5.
- Sukor, Nur Sabahiah Abdul; Tarigan, Ari; Fujii, Satoshi (2017). Analysis of correlations between psychological factors and self-reported behavior of motorcyclists in Malaysia, depending on self-reported usage of different types of motorcycle facility. Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour. ISSN 1369-8478. DOI: 10.1016/j.trf.2016.09.032.
- Sun, Yi-lin; Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Waygood, Owen; Wang, Dian-hai (2017). Diversity in diversification: an analysis of shopping trips in six-week travel diary data. Journal of Zhejiang University: Science A. ISSN 1673-565X. DOI: 10.1631/jzus.A1500198.
- Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Samsura, Ary; Sagala, Saut; Pencawan, Anthoni V.M. (2017). Medan City: Development and governance under the decentralisation era. Cities. ISSN 0264-2751. DOI: 10.1016/j.cities.2017.07.002.
- Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Samsura, D. Ary A.; Sagala, Saut; Wimbardana, Ramanditya (2017). Balikpapan: Urban planning and development in anticipating the post-oil industry era. Cities. ISSN 0264-2751. DOI: 10.1016/j.cities.2016.09.012.
- Joewono, Tri B.; Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Susilo, Yusak O. (2016). Road-based public transportation in urban areas of Indonesia: What policies do users expect to improve the service quality?. Transport Policy. ISSN 0967-070X. DOI: 10.1016/j.tranpol.2016.04.009.
- Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Sagala, Saut; Samsura, Ary; Fiisabiilillah, Dika F.; Simarmata, Hendricus; Nababan, Mangapul (2016). Bandung City, Indonesia. Cities. ISSN 0264-2751. DOI: 10.1016/j.cities.2015.09.005.
- Tarigan, Ari K.M.; Susilo, Yusak O.; Joewono, Tri B. (2014). Segmentation of paratransit users based on service quality and travel behaviour in Bandung, Indonesia. Transportation planning and technology (Print). ISSN 0308-1060. Volume 37. Booklet 2. p. 200-218. DOI: 10.1080/03081060.2013.870792.
- Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Bayer, Stian Brosvik (2012). Temporal change analysis of knowledge, attitudes and acceptances of hydrogen vehicles and refuelling stations in greater Stavanger, 2006-2009. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews. ISSN 1364-0321. DOI: 10.1016/j.rser.2012.05.045.
- Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Bayer, Stian Brosvik; Langhelle, Oluf; Thesen, Gunnar (2012). Estimating determinants of public acceptance of hydrogen vehicles and refuelling stations in greater Stavanger. International journal of hydrogen energy. ISSN 0360-3199. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijhydene.2011.12.138.
- Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Fujii, Satoshi; Kitamura, Ryuichi (2012). Intrapersonal variability in leisure activity-travel patterns: the case of one-worker and two-worker households. Transportation letters. ISSN 1942-7867. DOI: 10.3328/TL.2012.04.01.1-13.
- Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Kitamura, Ryuichi (2009). Week-to-week leisure trip frequency and its variability. Transportation Research Record. ISSN 0361-1981. DOI: 10.3141/2135-06.