PhD Fellow at University of Stavanger within the field of Environmental Economics. Expected graduation in the Spring 2020.
Ana Faria Lopes has 6 years of experience in various Environmental, Energy and Resource topics, and specializes in economic and policy analysis.
Environmental Economics; Microeconomics; Welfare Economics; Choice modelling
Lopes, A. F., Macdonald, J. L., Quinteiro, P., Arroja, L., Carvalho-Santos, C., Cunha-e-Sa, M. A., & Dias, A. C. (2018). "Surface vs. groundwater: The effect of forest cover on the costs of drinking water". Water Resources and Economics.
Lopes, A. F. (2016). "The economic potential value of offshore wind in the north of Portugal". In 2016 13th International Conference on the European Energy Market (EEM) (pp. 1-5). IEEE.
"Diagnosing Insensitivity to Scope in Contingent Valuation" (with Gorm Kipperberg) under Revise and Resubmit at Environmental and Resource Economics
"Estimating the Ex-ante Recreational Loss of an Oil Spill using Revealed Preference Site Selection and Multinomial Stated Preference Data" (with John C. Whitehead)
"Estimating the economic benefits of coastal quality change: An application to beach recreation in Norway" (with Petr Mariel) under review at Coastal Management
"The Economic Potential Value of Offshore Wind Energy Deployment: If and When" (with Maria A. Cunha-e-Sa and Andre Pina)
Research Assistant at (2015-2016) in Lisbon, Portugal
Policy Analyst Intern at (2013) in Brussels, Belgium
Trainee at the (2013) in Brussels, Belgium
- Faria Lopes, Ana Filipa; Macdonald, Jacob L.; Quinteiro, Paula; Arroja, Luis; Carvalho-Santos, Cláudia; Cunha-e-Sá, Maria A.; Dias, Ana Cláudia (2018). Surface vs. groundwater: The effect of forest cover on the costs of drinking water. Water Resources and Economics. ISSN 2212-4284. s. 1-15. DOI: 10.1016/j.wre.2018.06.002.
- Faria Lopes, Ana (2019). Forest cover leads to cost savings for drinking water suppliers.
- Faria Lopes, Ana (2019). Os custos (invisíveis) da prospeção e exploração do petróleo. Publico. [Avis]; 2019-11-23.
- Faria Lopes, Ana (2019). The recreational loss of an oil spill. UNC Greensboro; 2019-03-14.
- Faria Lopes, Ana; Kipperberg, Gorm (2019). Diagnosing insensitivity to scope: The case of oil spills in a pristine arctic coastal area. Appalachian State University; 2019-02-10.
- Faria Lopes, Ana; Whitehead, John C. (2019). Estimating the ex-ante Recreational Impact of an Oil Spill. AERE (Association of Environmental and Resource Economics); 2019-05-28 - 2019-06-01.
- Faria Lopes, Ana Filipa; Kipperberg, Gorm (2018). Diagnosing insensitivity to scope in contingent valuation. School of Business, Economics and Law at University of Gothe; 2018-06-25 - 2019-06-29.
- Faria Lopes, Ana Filipa; Macdonald, Jacob L.; Quinteiro, Paula; Arroja, Luis; Carvalho-Santos, Cláudia; Cunha-e-Sá, Maria A.; Dias, Ana Cláudia (2018). Exploring the link between water treatment costs and Forests: Surface versus Groundwater. NHH; 2018-04-12 - 2018-04-13.
- Faria Lopes, Ana; Cunha-e-Sá, Maria A. (2018). Where to deploy marine renewable energy in Portugal? Contributions to marine spatial planning through economic modelling. CSIC; 2018-09-03 - 2018-09-05.
- Faria Lopes, Ana Filipa (2017). Determining the Consumer Surplus of a visit to the Lofoten Islands. 2017-04-21 - 2017-04-22.
- Faria Lopes, Ana Filipa (2017). Use vs. Non-use values in the Lofoten Islands. COAST-BENEFIT team; 2017-03-22 - 2017-03-25.
- Faria Lopes, Ana Filipa; Kipperberg, Gorm (2017). Testing external sensitivity to scope: valuation of potential oil spills in the Lofoten islands. ICRE8 International Centre for Research on the Environment; 2017-06-28 - 2017-07-01.
- Faria Lopes, Ana Filipa; Macdonald, Jacob L.; Quinteiro, Paula; Arroja, Luis; Carvalho-Santos, Cláudia; Cunha-e-Sá, Maria A.; Dias, Ana Cláudia (2017). Capturing the value of forests under(the)ground: the case of Portuguese drinking water suppliers. 2017-09-18 - 2017-09-22.
- Kipperberg, Gorm; Lindhjem, Henrik; Navrud, Ståle; Magnussen, Kristin Tangvik; Carson, Richard T.; Loomis, John; Ready, Richard; Rolfe, John; Grimsrud, Kristine; Faria Lopes, Ana Filipa; Ahi, Julide Ceren (2017). State-of-the-art and future research directions in coastal ecosystem service valuation. COAST-BENEFIT; 2017-03-22 - 2017-03-25.