I work as a post-doctor at the Center for Innovation Research at the University of Stavanger Business School, in Norway.
I currently coordinate two projects: (1) The role of Universities in building Innovation and Entrepreneurship Ecosystems (UNEEC) with funding from the Norwegian Research Council, in partnership with four universities: HVL in Norway, Université de Poitiers in France, Unisinos University in Brazil, and Saint-Petersburg State University in Russia. And (2) Cooperation on Education and Research for the Studies of Innovation Ecosystems (CERSIE) in partnership with Unisinos University, funded by the Norwegian Centre for International Cooperation in Education (SIU) and CAPES from Brazil.
My research interests focus on entrepreneurship and innovation ecosystems, entrepreneurial education, start-ups, business incubators and open innovation intermediaries.
I have a PhD degree in Business Administration from Unisinos University, in Brazil, where I have worked as lecturer of entrepreneurship and innovation and course coordinator for almost 10 years.
Thomas, Elisa; Pugh, Rhiannon. (2020) From ?Entrepreneurial? to ?Engaged' Universities: Social Innovation for Regional Development in the Global South). Regional Studies. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/00343404.2020.1749586
Nordling, Nadja; Thomas, Elisa; Pugh, Rhiannon; Herman, R.R. (2020). Multinational companies? roles in start-up incubation ecosystems: The case of Microsoft Innovation Centers in Brazil. In: Novotny A.; Rasmussen, E.; Clausen, T.; Wiklund, J. (Eds.). Research Handbook on Start-up Incubation Ecosystems. Edward Elgar Publishing. Chapter 14, pages 273?284. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4337/9781788973533.00022
Wegner, D., Thomas, E., Teixeira, E. and Maehler, A. (2019). University entrepreneurial push strategy and students? entrepreneurial intention, International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior & Research, 26(2), 307-325. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJEBR-10-2018-0648
Thomas, Elisa. (2018). From Closed to Open Innovation in Emerging Economies: Evidence from the Chemical Industry in Brazil. Technology Innovation Management Review, 8(3): 26?37. http://doi.org/10.22215/timreview/1144
Thomas, Elisa; Vieira, L.M.; Balestrin, A. (2017). Mind the Gap: lessons from the UK to Brazil about the roles of TTOs throughout collaborative R&D projects. BAR - Brazilian Administration Review, 14(4). http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/1807-7692bar2017170048
Thomas, Elisa; Silva, Luciana M. (2019). Management of Stakeholders? Knowledge for Responsible Research and Innovation. In: Iakovleva, T., Oftedal, E., Bessant, J. (2019) Responsible Innovation in Digital Health: Empowering the Patient, Edward Elgar Publisher.
Herman, R.R.; Thomas, E. Pansera, M. (forthcoming 2019) Science and technology parks as innovation intermediaries for green innovation. WCEAM Science and technology parks as innovation intermediaries for green innovation. In: Engineering assets and Public infrastructures in the Age of Digitalization: Proceedings of the 13th World Congress on Engineering Asset Management, Stavanger, September 2018.
Unisinos University, Brazil, from February 2009 to January 2017. www.unisinos.br
· Coordinator of Learning Modules of the undergraduate Degree in Management for Innovation and Leadership (2014, 2015 and 2016).
· Coordinator of the course Strategic Innovation and Management of Projects Portfolio (duration 90 hours - October to December 2011) (certificate in Portuguese: Curso de Inovação Estratégica e Gestão de Portfólio de Projetos).
· Coordinator of the course Management and Strategies of Innovation for SMEs (duration 90 hours - November to December 2010).
· Coordinator of the course Management and Strategies of Innovation (duration 90 hours - April to July 2010).
· Coordinator of the course Cooperation and Development: Shared Economy (duration 3,5 hours -December 2010) (in Portuguese: Cooperação e Desenvolvimento: Economia da Cooperação).
· Coordinator and proponent of the course: MBA in Management of Innovative Organizations (2009, 2010 and 2011).
Teacher at undergraduate level courses:
· Innovation Management to the undergraduate Degree in Business Management (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2016).
· Innovation and Strategy to the Degree of Bachelor of Technology in Management Processes (2010 and 2016).
· Innovation Workshop to the undergraduate Degree in Management for Innovation and Leadership (2012, 2014, 2015 and 2016).
· Entrepreneurship and Innovation (2014).
· Entrepreneurship and Innovation in English (2015 and 2016).
· Innovation and Formation of New Businesses to the undergraduate Degree in Digital Social Communication (2010, 2011, 2012 and 2014).
· Business Topics to the undergraduate Degree in Digital Social Communication (2013).
· Innovation Management to the online undergraduate Degree in Business Management (2012, 2013 and 2014).
· Cooperation Networks to the online undergraduate Degree in Business Management (2012, 2014, 2015 and 2016).
· Foundations of the Administrative Process to the online undergraduate Degree in Business Management (2014, 2015 and 2016).
· Innovation to the Degree of Bachelor of Technology in Gastronomy (2009 and 2010).
Teacher at MBAs:
· Innovation and Business Context (MBA in Management - 2014, 2015 and 2016).
· Post-MBA classes of Open and Collaborative Innovation (Post-MBA in Innovation Management - 2014).
· Organizational Learning and Competences (MBA in Management ? 2016).
Supervisions of students final papers and monographs (MBA dissertations).
Supervisions of students final papers and monographs (undergraduate level).
Executive education and other activities:
· Judge on the XXII Scientific and Technological Initiation Exhibition UNISINOS.
· Teacher of Open Innovation: Accelerating Projects for Innovation workshop, September 2015.
· Member of the revision commission of the academic program of the undergraduate Degree in Digital Social Communication (2012 and 2013).
· Teacher of the Programme for the Qualification of Staff of Development Bank BADESUL.
· Teacher of the course Strategic Innovation and Management of Projects Portfolio, 2011.
· Teacher of the Programme for the Development of Leaders.
· Member of the research group about interorganizational networks (GeRedes) since 2007.
- Thomas, Elisa; da Silva, Luciana Maines (2019). Management of stakeholders` knowledge for responsible research and innovation. I: Responsible Innovation in Digital Health Empowering the Patient. Edward Elgar Publishing. ISBN 9781788975056. s. 183-196.
- Wegner, Douglas; Thomas, Elisa; Teixeira, Eduardo Künzel; Maehler, Alisson Eduardo (2019). University entrepreneurial push strategy and students’ entrepreneurial intention. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behaviour & Research. ISSN 1355-2554. DOI: 10.1108/IJEBR-10-2018-0648.
- Thomas, Elisa (2018). From Closed to Open Innovation in Emerging Economies: Evidence from the Chemical Industry in Brazil. Technology innovation management review. ISSN 1927-0321. Volum 8. Hefte 3. s. 26-37. DOI: 10.22215/timreview/1144.
- Thomas, Elisa; Maines, Luciana (2018). Management of Stakeholders’ Knowledge for Responsible Research and Innovation. I: 2018 ISPIM Innovation Conference: Innovation, the Name of the Game. ISPIM/ Lappeenranta University of Technology Press. ISBN 978-952-335-219-3.
- Thomas, Elisa; Marques Vieira, Luciana; Balestrin, Alsones (2017). Mind the Gap: Lessons from the UK to Brazil about the Roles of TTOs throughout Collaborative R&D Projects. BAR : Brazilian Administration Review. ISSN 1807-7692. Volum 14. Hefte 4. DOI: 10.1590/1807-7692bar2017170048.
- Hermann, Roberto Rivas; Thomas, Elisa; Pansera, Mario (2018). A model of science park intermediation in eco-innovation processes. Society of Engineering Asset Management; 2018-09-24 - 2018-09-26.
- Pugh, Rhiannon; Thomas, Elisa (2018). Moving, settling and becoming: A conversation about mobility between two early career researchers. RSA Regions. [Tidsskrift]; 2018-09-01.
- Thomas, Elisa (2018). Responsible innovation for smart agriculture. 2018-09-25.