I work on elucidating the real-time properties of strongly coupled quantum systems, such as e.g. the quark-gluon plasma created in relativistic heavy-ion collisions. To this end I study the spectral properties of bound states and single particles in QCD and scalar theories. The non-perturbative nature of the problems at hand leads me to use predominantly numerical methods, such as lattice QCD. A particular interest lies in the extraction of spectral functions from Euclidean correlator data using Bayesian inference.
On heavy quarkonium properties at finite temperature
- A. Kelly, A. Rothkopf and J.I. Skullerud, "Bayesian study of relativistic open and hidden charm in anisotropic lattice QCD,'' [arXiv:1802.00667]
- Y. Burnier, O. Kaczmarek and A. Rothkopf, "Quarkonium at finite temperature: Towards realistic phenomenology from first principles,'' JHEP 1512, 101 (2015), [arXiv:1509.07366]
- S. Kim, P. Petreczky and A. Rothkopf, "Lattice NRQCD study of S- and P-wave bottomonium states in a thermal medium with N_f=2+1 light flavors,'' Phys. Rev. D91, 054511 (2015), [arXiv:1409.3630]
- Y. Akamatsu, A. Rothkopf, "Stochastic potential and quantum decoherence of heavy quarkonium in the quark-gluon plasma", Phys.Rev. D85 (2012) 105011, arXiv:1110.1203
On the heavy quark potential from lattice QCD
- Y. Burnier and A. Rothkopf, "Complex heavy-quark potential and Debye mass in a gluonic medium from lattice QCD,'' Phys. Rev. D95, 054511 (2017), [arXiv:1607.04049]
- Y. Burnier, O. Kaczmarek and A. Rothkopf, "Static quark-antiquark potential in the quark-gluon plasma from lattice QCD,'' Phys. Rev. Lett. 114, 082001 (2015), [arXiv:1410.2546]
- A. Rothkopf, T. Hatsuda, S. Sasaki, "Complex Heavy-Quark Potential at Finite Temperature from Lattice QCD", Phys.Rev.Lett. 108 (2012) 162001, arXiv:1108.1579
On Bayesian spectral reconstruction methods
- A. Rothkopf, `"Bayesian inference of nonpositive spectral functions in quantum field theory,'', Phys. Rev. D95, 056016 (2017), [arXiv:1611.00482]
- Y. Burnier and A. Rothkopf, "Bayesian Approach to Spectral Function Reconstruction for Euclidean Quantum Field Theories,'' Phys. Rev. Lett. 111, 182003 (2013), [arXiv:1307.6106]
- A. Rothkopf, "Improved Maximum Entropy Analysis with an Extended Search Space", J.Comput.Phys. 238 (2013) 106, [arXiv:1110.6285]
On gluon spectral properties
- A.K. Cyrol, J.M. Pawlowski, A. Rothkopf and N. Wink, "Reconstructing the gluon,'' [arXiv:1804.00945]
- E.M. Ilgenfritz, J.M. Pawlowski, A. Rothkopf and A. Trunin, `"Finite temperature gluon spectral functions from N_f=2+1+1 lattice QCD,'' Eur. Phys. J. C 78, 127 (2018), [arXiv:1701.08610]
Non-equilibrium phenomena in quantum field theory
- J. Berges, J. Pruschke, A. Rothkopf, "Instability-induced fermion production in quantum field theory", Phys.Rev. D80 (2009) 023522, [arXiv:0904.3073]
- J. Berges, A. Rothkopf, J. Schmidt, "Non-thermal fixed points: Effective weak-coupling for strongly correlated systems far from equilibrium", Phys.Rev.Lett. 101 (2008) 041603, [ arXiv:0803.0131]
A complete list of publication can be found via http://inspirehep.net, search term "rothkopf, a".
I am currently involved in the following projects
- High precision study of in-medium heavy quarkonium in lattice NRQCD (with P. Petreczky and S. Kim)
- Real-time dynamics of heavy quarkonium as open-quantum-system (with Y. Akamatsu and M. Asakawa, S. Kajimoto)
- Real-time dynamics of heavy quarkonium in the early stages of a heavy-ion collision (with A. Lehmann)
- Reconstructing gluon spectral functions from continuum and lattice approaches to QCD (with J. Pawlowski, E.M. Ilgenfritz, N. Wink)
- Improved simulation prescriptions for thermal quantum fields (with J. Pawlowski, F. Ziegler, D. Michels)
- 2018- Associate Professor in Physics at the University of Stavanger
- 2016-2018 Principal investigator and scientific manager at the collaborative research center SFB1225 ISOQUANT at the University of Heidelberg, Germany
- 2014-2016 Postdoctoral research associate at the University of Heidelberg, Germany
- 2012-2014 Postdoctoral research associate at the University of Berg, Switzerland
- 2011-2012 Postdoctoral research associate at the University of Bielefeld, Germany
- 2008-2011 Doctoral course at the University of Tokyo, Japan
- 2007 Diploma in Physics at the University of Heidelberg, Germany
- Petreczky, Peter; Rothkopf, Alexander Karl; Weber, J (2019). Realistic in-medium heavy-quark potential from high statistics lattice QCD simulations. Nuclear Physics A. ISSN 0375-9474. Volum 982. s. 735-738. DOI: 10.1016/j.nuclphysa.2018.10.012.
- Akamatsu, Yukinao; Asakawa, Masayuki; Kajimoto, Shiori; Rothkopf, Alexander Karl (2018). Quantum dissipation of a heavy quark from a nonlinear stochastic Schrödinger equation. Journal of High Energy Physics (JHEP). ISSN 1029-8479. Volum 2018. Hefte 7. DOI: 10.1007/JHEP07(2018)029.
- Kim, Seyong; Petreczky, Peter; Rothkopf, Alexander Karl (2018). Quarkonium in-medium properties from realistic lattice NRQCD. Journal of High Energy Physics (JHEP). ISSN 1029-8479. Volum 2018. Hefte 11. DOI: 10.1007/JHEP11(2018)088.
- Rothkopf, Alexander Karl (2018). Bayesian techniques and applications to QCD. Maynooth University; 2018-07-31 - 2018-08-06.
- Rothkopf, Alexander Karl (2018). In-medium heavy quarkonium from lattice NRQCD. Maynooth University; 2018-07-31 - 2018-08-06.
- Rothkopf, Alexander Karl (2018). Quarkonium. 2018-05-13.
- Rothkopf, Alexander Karl (2018). Quarkonium at high temperatures from the lattice. Technical University of Munich; 2018-10-15 - 2018-10-19.
- Rothkopf, Alexander Karl (2018). Quarkonium production in the QGP. Wigner Institute Budapest; 2018-12-03 - 2018-12-07.
- Rothkopf, Alexander Karl (2018). Quarkonium realtime dynamics. University of Stavanger; 2018-05-28 - 2018-05-31.
- Rothkopf, Alexander Karl (2018). Realistic in-medium heavy-quark potential from high statistics lattice QCD simulations. 2018-05-14 - 2018-05-19.
- Rothkopf, Alexander Karl (2018). Real-time dynamics from lattice QCD: prospects and challenges. University of Oslo; 2018-06-15.