Education: Dr Eng. (Kyoto University, Japan, 2009); M.Sc. (IHE Delft, Netherlands, 2006); Bachelor (Institute of Technology Bandung, Indonesia, 2001).
Research and teaching areas: Road safety, traffic engineering, travel behaviour, transportation planning, urban infrastructure, water and wastewater system, urban resilience in the developing world and quantitative methods
Notes: I am available to discuss any possibilities related to my field for research and industry-based projects. I have no funding for PhD projects at the moment, but I always welcome potential researchers with external/own funding that are willing to collaborate or working under my supervision.
06.2019: I (together with NIBIO) obtained a research grant from the University Fund to fund a research project: Green Infrastructure for liveable and sustainable cities.
11.2018: I won a competitive UiS's research grant for a mobility program to visit Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Japan.
Darmowijoyo, D.B.E., Susilo, Y.O., Tarigan, A.K.M., Joewono, T.B., Multitasking behaviour and daily subjective well-being. Submitted for publication.
Tarigan, A.K.M., Sagala, S., Sasongko, A. From risk to resilience: Assessments of climate-change vulnerabilities in Semarang. Submitted for publication.
Sagala, S., Tarigan, A.K.M., Alberdi H.A., Faruq U.A., Institution adaptive capacity: A qualitative framework to measure energy security in Palembang. Submitted for publication.
2018-now: Associate Professor, University of Stavanger, Stavanger, Norway
2018: Postdoctoral Fellow, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
2012: Project Engineer, Engie Fabricom, Stavanger, Norway
2010: Project Collaborator, IRIS, Stavanger, Norway
2006: Stipendiat, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
- Irawan, Muhammad Zudhy; Belgiawan, Prawira Fajarindra; Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Wijanarko, Fajar (2019). To compete or not compete: exploring the relationships between motorcycle-based ride-sourcing, motorcycle taxis, and public transport in the Jakarta metropolitan area. Transportation. ISSN 0049-4488. DOI: 10.1007/s11116-019-10019-5.
- Joewono, Tri Basuki; Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Rizki, Muhammad (2019). Segmentation, Classification, and Determinants of In-Store Shopping Activity and Travel Behaviour in the Digitalisation Era: The Context of a Developing Country. Sustainability. ISSN 2071-1050. Volum 11. Hefte 6. DOI: 10.3390/su11061591.
- Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira (2019). Expectations, attitudes, and preferences regarding support and purchase of eco-friendly fuel vehicles. Journal of Cleaner Production. ISSN 0959-6526. Volum 227. s. 10-19. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.04.190.
- Sukor, Nur Sabahiah Abdul; Basri, Nur Khairiyah; Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira (2018). The role of incentives towards adolescents’ commitment to use public transport in Malaysia. Transportation planning and technology (Print). ISSN 0308-1060. Volum 41. DOI: 10.1080/03081060.2018.1435451.
- Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Sagala, Saut (2018). The pursuit of greenness: explaining low-carbon urban transformation in Indonesia. International Planning Studies. ISSN 1356-3475. Volum 23. Hefte 4. s. 408-426. DOI: 10.1080/13563475.2018.1513360.
- Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Sukor, Nur Sabahiah Abdul (2018). Consistent versus inconsistent behaviour of helmet use among urban motorcyclists in Malaysia. Safety Science. ISSN 0925-7535. Volum 109. s. 324-332. DOI: 10.1016/j.ssci.2018.06.019.
- Wimbardana, Ramanditya; Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Sagala, Saut (2018). Does a Pedestrian Environment Promote Walkability? Auditing a Pedestrian Environment Using the Pedestrian Environmental Data Scan Instrument. Journal of Regional and City Planning (JRCP). ISSN 2502-6429. Volum 29. Hefte 1. s. 57-66. DOI: 10.5614/jrcp.2018.29.1.5.
- Sukor, Nur Sabahiah Abdul; Tarigan, Ari; Fujii, Satoshi (2017). Analysis of correlations between psychological factors and self-reported behavior of motorcyclists in Malaysia, depending on self-reported usage of different types of motorcycle facility. Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour. ISSN 1369-8478. DOI: 10.1016/j.trf.2016.09.032.
- Sun, Yi-lin; Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Waygood, Owen; Wang, Dian-hai (2017). Diversity in diversification: an analysis of shopping trips in six-week travel diary data. Journal of Zhejiang University: Science A. ISSN 1673-565X. DOI: 10.1631/jzus.A1500198.
- Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Samsura, Ary; Sagala, Saut; Pencawan, Anthoni V.M. (2017). Medan City: Development and governance under the decentralisation era. Cities. ISSN 0264-2751. DOI: 10.1016/j.cities.2017.07.002.
- Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Samsura, D. Ary A.; Sagala, Saut; Wimbardana, Ramanditya (2017). Balikpapan: Urban planning and development in anticipating the post-oil industry era. Cities. ISSN 0264-2751. DOI: 10.1016/j.cities.2016.09.012.
- Joewono, Tri B.; Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Susilo, Yusak O. (2016). Road-based public transportation in urban areas of Indonesia: What policies do users expect to improve the service quality?. Transport Policy. ISSN 0967-070X. DOI: 10.1016/j.tranpol.2016.04.009.
- Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Sagala, Saut; Samsura, Ary; Fiisabiilillah, Dika F.; Simarmata, Hendricus; Nababan, Mangapul (2016). Bandung City, Indonesia. Cities. ISSN 0264-2751. DOI: 10.1016/j.cities.2015.09.005.
- Tarigan, Ari K.M.; Susilo, Yusak O.; Joewono, Tri B. (2014). Segmentation of paratransit users based on service quality and travel behaviour in Bandung, Indonesia. Transportation planning and technology (Print). ISSN 0308-1060. Volum 37. Hefte 2. s. 200-218. DOI: 10.1080/03081060.2013.870792.
- Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Bayer, Stian Brosvik (2012). Temporal change analysis of knowledge, attitudes and acceptances of hydrogen vehicles and refuelling stations in greater Stavanger, 2006-2009. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews. ISSN 1364-0321. DOI: 10.1016/j.rser.2012.05.045.
- Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Bayer, Stian Brosvik; Langhelle, Oluf; Thesen, Gunnar (2012). Estimating determinants of public acceptance of hydrogen vehicles and refuelling stations in greater Stavanger. International journal of hydrogen energy. ISSN 0360-3199. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijhydene.2011.12.138.
- Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Fujii, Satoshi; Kitamura, Ryuichi (2012). Intrapersonal variability in leisure activity-travel patterns: the case of one-worker and two-worker households. Transportation letters. ISSN 1942-7867. DOI: 10.3328/TL.2012.04.01.1-13.
- Tarigan, Ari Krisna Mawira; Kitamura, Ryuichi (2009). Week-to-week leisure trip frequency and its variability. Transportation Research Record. ISSN 0361-1981. DOI: 10.3141/2135-06.