Dr. Yanyan Sha is currently an Associate Professor at the Department of Mechanical and Structural Engineering and Materials Science at University of Stavanger. He holds a Bachelor degree from Central South University, China (2008) and a Ph.D. degree from The University of Western Australia, Australia (2014).
His research interests include ship collision with bridge and offshore structures, structural response under blast and impact loads, structural damage identification and strengthening, and dynamic response of marine structures.
He has led and participated in a number of research and industrial projects in Norway, Australia and China. He has co-authored more than 30 papers and has presented invited talks at international conferences. He also teaches and coordinates structural engineering courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. He is a member of the International Association of Protective Structures and serves as a reviewer for a number of top journals and conferences.
Skipskollisjon, bygg og marine strukturer, hydrodynamikk, offshore teknologi
Complete list of publications:
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=JgShgT8AAAAJ&hl=en
2019.08-stede, Førsteamanuensis, Universitetet i Stavanger, Norge
2019.05-2019.07, Senior Engineer, Aker Solutions AS, Norge
2019.03-2019.04, Forsker, Norges Teknisk-Naturvitenskapelige Universitet, Norge.
2015.03-2019.03, Postdoktorforsker, Norges Teknisk-Naturvitenskapelige Universitet, Norge.
2013.10-2014.04, Forskningsassistent, The University of Western Australia, Australia
- Liu, Kewei; Li, Xudong; Hao, Hong; Li, Xibing; Sha, Yanyan; Wang, Weihua; Liu, Xiling (2019). Study on the raising technique using one blast based on the combination of long-hole presplitting and vertical crater retreat multiple-deck shots. International Journal of Rock Mechanics And Mining Sciences. ISSN 1365-1609. Volum 113. s. 41-58. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijrmms.2018.11.012.
- Sha, Yanyan; Amdahl, Jørgen (2019). A simplified analytical method for predictions of ship deckhouse collision loads on steel bridge girders. Ships and Offshore Structures. ISSN 1744-5302. Volum 14. s. 121-134. DOI: 10.1080/17445302.2018.1560881.
- Sha, Yanyan; Amdahl, Jørgen (2019). Numerical investigations of a prestressed pontoon wall subjected to ship collision loads. Ocean Engineering. ISSN 0029-8018. Volum 172. s. 234-244. DOI: 10.1016/j.oceaneng.2018.11.054.
- Sha, Yanyan; Amdahl, Jørgen; Dørum, Cato (2019). Local and global responses of a floating bridge under ship-girder collisions. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. ISSN 0892-7219. Volum 141. Hefte 3. DOI: 10.1115/1.4041992.
- Sha, Yanyan; Amdahl, Jørgen; Liu, Kun (2019). Design of steel bridge girders against ship forecastle collisions. Engineering structures. ISSN 0141-0296. Volum 196. s. 1-14. DOI: 10.1016/j.engstruct.2019.109277.
- Sha, Yanyan; Amdahl, Jørgen; Liu, Kun (2019). Dynamic response of hat-stiffened panels subjected to hemisphere indenter impacts. I: Developments in the Collision and Grounding of Ships and Offshore Structures: Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Collision and Grounding of Ships and Offshore Structures (ICCGS 2019), 21-23 October, 2019, Lisbon, Portugal. CRC Press. ISBN 9780367433130. s. 40-46.
- Sha, Yanyan; Amdahl, Jørgen; Yang, Kun (2019). An efficient approach for ship collision design of reinforced concrete pontoon walls. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. ISSN 1757-8981. Volum 700. DOI: 10.1088/1757-899X/700/1/012038.
- Sha, Yanyan; Amdahl, Jørgen; Aalberg, Aleksander; Yu, Zhaolong (2018). Numerical investigations of the dynamic response of a floating bridge under environmental loadings. Ships and Offshore Structures. ISSN 1744-5302. Volum 13. s. 113-126. DOI: 10.1080/17445302.2018.1426818.
- Sha, Yanyan; Amdahl, Jørgen; Dørum, Cato; Yu, Zhaolong (2018). Numerical Investigation of the Collision Damage and Residual Strength of a Floating Bridge Girder. I: ASME 2018 37th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering - Volume 11A: Honoring Symposium for Professor Carlos Guedes Soares on Marine Technology and Ocean Engineering. ASME Press. ISBN 978-0-7918-5132-6.
- Yu, Zhaolong; Amdahl, Jørgen; Sha, Yanyan (2018). Large inelastic deformation resistance of stiffened panels subjected to lateral loading. Marine Structures. ISSN 0951-8339. Volum 59. s. 342-367. DOI: 10.1016/j.marstruc.2018.01.005.
- Moe, Ole Harald; Sha, Yanyan; Veie, Johannes; Amdahl, Jørgen (2017). Analysis of tether anchored floating suspension bridge subjected to large ship collisions. Procedia Engineering. ISSN 1877-7058. Volum 199. s. 2488-2493. DOI: 10.1016/j.proeng.2017.09.413.
- Sha, Yanyan; Amdahl, Jørgen (2017). Ship collision analysis of a floating bridge in Ferry-Free E39 project. I: ASME 2017 36th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering - Volume 9: Offshore Geotechnics; Torgeir Moan Honoring Symposium. ASME Press. ISBN 978-0-7918-5777-9.
- Sha, Yanyan; Amdahl, Jørgen; Dørum, Cato (2017). Dynamic responses of a floating bridge subjected to ship collision load on bridge girders. Procedia Engineering. ISSN 1877-7058. Volum 199. s. 2506-2513. DOI: 10.1016/j.proeng.2017.09.425.
- Sha, Yanyan; Amdahl, Jørgen (2016). Design of Floating Bridge Pontoon subjected to Ship Collision. I: 7th International Conference on Collision and Grounding of Ships and Offshore Structures (ICCGS 2016). The Society of Naval Architects of Korea. ISBN 9788995001639. s. 263-269.
- Sha, Yanyan; Amdahl, Jørgen (2016). Design of floating bridge girders against accidental ship collision loads. I: 19th Congress of IABSE, Challenges in Design and Construction of an Innovative and Sustainable Built Environment. International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering. ISBN 978-3-85748-144-4. s. 1919-1926.
- Sha, Yanyan; Hao, Hong (2015). Laboratory Tests and Numerical Simulations of CFRP Strengthened RC Pier Subjected to Barge Impact Load. International Journal of Structural Stability and Dynamics. ISSN 0219-4554. Volum 15. Hefte 2.
- Sha, Yanyan; Hao, Hong (2014). A Simplified Approach for Predicting Bridge Pier Responses Subjected to Barge Impact Loading. Advances in Structural Engineering. ISSN 1369-4332. Volum 17. Hefte 1.
- Sha, Yanyan; Hao, Hong (2013). Laboratory Tests and Numerical Simulations of Barge Impact on Circular Reinforced Concrete Piers. Engineering structures. ISSN 0141-0296. Volum 46. s. 593-605.
- Sha, Yanyan; Hao, Hong (2013). Numerical Simulation of Barge Impact on a Continuous Girder Bridge and Bridge Damage Detection. International Journal of Protective Structures. ISSN 2041-4196. Volum 4. Hefte 1.
- Sha, Yanyan; Hao, Hong (2012). Nonlinear Finite Element Analysis of Barge Collision with a Single Bridge Pier. Engineering structures. ISSN 0141-0296. Volum 41. s. 63-76.
- Dørum, Cato; Storheim, Martin; Sha, Yanyan (2017). Multi-span suspension bridge on floating foundations- behaviour under ship impact.. 2017-09-19 - 2017-09-23.
- Sha, Yanyan; Amdahl, Jørgen; Aalberg, Alexsander; Yu, Zhaolong (2017). Numerical investigation on dynamic response of a floating bridge under wind and wave loadings.. 2017-09-11 - 2017-09-13.