Zotero helps you to insert correct references into your text as well as a correct reference list at the end of your paper. Zotero works together with Word and LaTeX, and it is an open program which is free to download for Mac and Windows.
Target: Students and staff at UiS
Prior knowledge: Basic knowledge about searching in Oria and library databases is helpful but not mandatory.
Equipment recommended: Computer with required software installed
Registration needed: No
Duration: 90 minutes + 15 minutes break
Before the class: Download Zotero for Windows or Mac. Download both the program and a connector for you preferred browser. Zotero works with Firefox, Chrome and Safari, but not with Explorer or Edge.
After the class, you will know how to:
- Insert correctly formatted in-text citations.
- Create a correctly formatted reference list.
- Import references from Oria, databases, web pages, etc. to Zotero.
- Insert references manually into Zotero.
- Use functions such as groups, storing PDF, searching in the library, etc.
- Share your library with others.