- Gjerald, O. (2010). Basic assumptions of service employees: Influence on employee job outcomes. PhD thesis, University of Stavanger, Stavanger.
- Gjerald, O., & Øgaard, T. (2010). Exploring the measurement of basic assumptions about guests and co-workers in the hospitality industry. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 22(6), 887-909.
- Gjerald, O., & Øgaard, T. (2010). Eliciting and analysing the basic assumptions of hospitality employees about guests, co-workers and competitors. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 29(3), 476-487.
- Gjerald, O., & Øgaard, T. (2008). Why should hospitality management focus more on the construct of basic assumptions? A review and research agenda. Scandinavian Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, 8(4), 1-23.
- Gjerald, O. (2005). Sociocultural impacts of tourism: A case study from Norway. Journal of Tourism and Cultural Change, 3(1), 36-58.
- Bjerkeng, M., Bräger, T., & Gjerald, O. (2005). Øvinger Sosedi 2. Bergen: Fagbokforlaget.
Quality risks: Incoming tour operators´ perceptions of risk related to service product delivery
Representative of FK Norway (Norwegian Peace Corps) and University of Stavanger at University of Fianarantsoa, in Fianarantsoa, Madagascar.
Competence exchange in the field of sustainable tourism education.
Finnmark University College
Project: «Multicultural meeting places: teaching and cultural tranfer». Project manager: Kjell Olsen
Norut NIBR Finnmark
Job tasks: field work, data collection, data analysis and /or transription
Park Hotell Alta, Norway
Sales and Marketing executive
Nordkapp Turisthotell, Skarsvåg, Norway
Summer host (reception, restaurant, housekeeping)
Intourist Murmansk Travel Bureau, Russia
Assistant project manager