Dr. Tone Therese Linge is Associate Professor in intercultural and organizational communication, and has been teaching international hospitality management since 2002. Linge received her PhD from the University of Oslo (Department of Media and Communication) in 2015. Her thesis concentrates on organizational and intercultural communication competence in relation to workplace inclusion/exclusion processes. Linge teaches globalization and diversity management, organizational communication and identity. She has several years of experience working with multicultural issues in the municipal sector in Norway.
Linge's main research areas of interest are diversity management, organizational and intercultural communication and organizational identity. She is particularly concerned with cultural and communication dimensions related to workforce globalization, and challenges and opportunities that international migration represents for the hospitality industry. This includes examining processes of workplace inclusion/exclusion, and applying critical perspectives of workplace diversity and intersectionality.
Linge, T. T. (2016). Mangfoldsledelse. I Roaldseth, B.O. (red.) Filosofi og ledelse. Hertervig Forlag. ISBN 978-82-8217-228-8. S.188-205.
Linge, T. T. (2015). Including or Excluding Workplace Communication? Analyzing Communication Competence in Multicultural Hotel Workplaces. Ph.D. thesis. Faculty of humanities, University of Oslo, Oslo. (248 p.)
Linge, T. T. (2012). Ethnic diversity and Challenges for the Norwegian Hospitality industry. In Furunes, T., Mykletun, Reidar J. & Marnburg, E. (Eds.) Current Research in Hospitality and Tourism. Fagbokforlaget. ISBN 978-82-450-1410-5. Pp. 59-75.
Diversity management in the hospitality industry
Employee voice and leadership
2014 - : Associate Professor, Norwegian School of Hotel Management, University of Stavanger
2006-2014: Assistant Professor, Norwegian School of Hotel Management, University of Stavanger
2002-2006: Ph.D. Candidate, Norwegian School of Hotel Management, University of Stavanger
1994-2002: Advisor for multicultural work, Sandnes Municipality
2016: Developing doctoral supervision, University of Stavanger, Norway (100 hours)
2015: University pedagogics, University of Stavanger, Norway (100 hours)
- Linge, Tone Therese (2016). Mangfoldsledelse. I: Filosofi og ledelse : en antologi om dialogen som nøkkel til forståelse. Hertervig Akademisk. ISBN 978-82-8217-228-8. s. 188-205.
- Linge, Tone Therese (2012). Ethnic diversity and challenges for the Norwegian hospitality industry. I: Current Research in Hospitality and Tourism. Fagbokforlaget. ISBN 978-82-450-1410-5. s. 59-75.
- Linge, Tone Therese (2015). Including or Excluding Workplace Communication? Analyzing Communication Competence in Multicultural Hotel Workplaces. 07 Oslo AS. 293 s.
- Linge, Tone Therese (2019). Mangfold og mangfoldsledelse i arbeidslivet. Norsk hotellhøgskole, Universitetet i Stavanger; 2019-01-10.
- Linge, Tone Therese (2019). Mangfold og mangfoldsledelse i hotellsektoren. Norsk hotellhøgskole, Universitetet i Stavanger; 2019-08-21.
- Linge, Tone Therese; Brownell, Judith Lee (2019). Employee voice and leadership in the hospitality industry. Roskilde University RUC; 2019-10-23 - 2019-10-25.
- Linge, Tone Therese; Furunes, Trude; Duncan, Tara; Baum, Tom (2019). Migrant integration and the paradox of hospitality. Universitat de Girona, Facultat de Turisme; 2019-09-17 - 2019-09-20.
- Furunes, Trude; Linge, Tone Therese (2018). Mangfoldsledelse - er HRR-virksomheter klare til å ta i bruk ny ISO standard?.
- Linge, Tone Therese (2018). Managing diversity and stereotypes in the hospitality workplace. Cornell University, School of Hotel Administration; 2018-10-25.
- Furunes, Trude; Linge, Tone Therese (2017). Diversity Management in the Hospitality Industry: Evidence and Future Research. Dalarna University; 2017-10-04 - 2017-10-06.
- Linge, Tone Therese (2017). Kommunikasjon på flerkulturelle arbeidsplasser: Hvordan skape bedre forståelse?. Universitetet i Stavanger; 2017-03-07.
- Linge, Tone Therese (2017). The hotel industry as arena for integration and workplace inclusion - challenges and opportunities. Oslo VO Rosenhof; 2017-09-20 - 2017-09-22.
- Linge, Tone Therese; Furunes, Trude (2017). Managing diversity in the hospitality industry: Current research perspectives and future research challenges. University of Jyväskylä/JAMK University of Applied Sciences; 2017-11-23 - 2017-11-25.
- Linge, Tone Therese; Furunes, Trude (2016). A systematic integrative review of diversity management research in hospitality. Turku Tourism Academy; 2016-09-28 - 2016-09-30.
- Linge, Tone Therese (2015). Including or excluding workplace communication? Analyzing communication competence in multicultural hotel workplaces. University of Akureyri; 2015-10-01 - 2015-10-03.
- Linge, Tone Therese (2012). En verden av muligheter. Horecanytt. [Internett]; 2012-05-16.
- Furunes, Trude; Linge, Tone Therese (2010). Effective leaders in hotels: who are they?. 2010-09-22 - 2010-09-25.
- Linge, Tone Therese (2007). Kommunikasjonsutfordringer på flerkulturelle arbeidsplasser. NAV; 2007-10-22.
- Linge, Tone Therese (2007). Vår bedrift - en flerkulturell arbeidsplass. Stavanger Næringsforening; 2007-05-24.
- Linge, Tone Therese (2003). Intercultural communication Challenges on the workplace - A study of the housekeeping Department in a Norwegian hotel. Göteborg University; 2003-11-20 - 2003-11-22.
- Linge, Tone Therese (2003). Organizational communication in culturally diverse hotel organizations. Høgskolen i Stavanger; 2003-10-02 - 2003-10-05.
- Linge, Tone Therese (2002). Managing Workplace Cultural Diversity in the Hotel Industry - a Norwegian Context. 2002-11-14 - 2002-11-17.