Associate Professor in Risk Management and Societal Safety.
Faculty of Social Science / SEROS (Centre for Risk Management and Societal Safety)
Complex Emergencies, Civil military coordination, crisis mangement, crisis mangement concepts, international response sytems, societal safety and risk mangement.
Coordination and coordination concepts in response systems to internatinal crisis, conflicts and the new wars, with emphasis on civil military coordination. Crisis mangement
2009 - 2013 PhD in Risk Management & Societal Safety, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Stavanger (UiS). Area; Societal safety, Planning/ Organization Theory, International Humanitarian Crisis/ Complex Emergencies. (Doctorate).
2003 - 05 Master of Risk Management & Societal Safety. Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Stavanger (UiS). Main areas; Crisis Management, Social Planning, Accident analysis, Risk/Resilience analysis. (Master grade).
2003 - Master of Science/M.Sc., Stavanger University College. Main areas; Sociology, Organization Studies, Human Resources Management, Safety Studies. (M.A. Degree).
2015 ? Associate Professor in Risk Management& Societal Safety. Faculty of Social Science, university of Stavanger (UiS).
2014 - University Lecturer in Risk Management & Societal Safety.
Faculty of Science and Technology University of Stavanger (UiS)
2009 - 2013 Research Fellow in Risk Management & Societal Safety, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Stavanger (UiS). Title of thesis; ?Rational beliefs - inconsistent practices. Civil Military Coordination in North- Afghanistan.?
2010 Deployment to Afghanistan as Major/CIMIC Officer at Regional Headquarters North (RC N) 01.03 ? 01.10 2010.
2008 - 2009 Participation in MNE5 (NATO Multinational Experiment 5), as representative from National Joint Headquarters. Rationale; Develop models and doctrines for crisis management in international complex emergencies.
1999 - 2008 Health-, Environment & Safety Advisor NATO/ National Joint Headquarters, Jåtta, Stavanger. Main focus; physical & psychological working environment, internal control systems, assessments, health and safety audits, documentation/ cooperation with regulatory authorities.
1998 - 1999 Consultant for oil-related businesses, Unit of Health, Safety & Quality Management, RC Consultants, Sandnes. Clients included Statoil, Esso, Ligabue & Marine Shuttle Operations. Preparation, compilation of directing/control systems for Health, Safety & Quality Assurance/Management.
1997- 1998 Elected leader of the University-educated Workers? Organization Universitet- og Høyskoleutdannedes Forbund (UHF), Oslo. Responsibility; management and preparation of control systems and policy instruments to strengthen and develop the organization, to develop its professional profile, politics and visibility.
1996 - 2004 Reserve-officer and Captain in the Norwegian Home Guard, HV 08. Responsibilities; Logistics. S-4 position.
1991- 1998 Inspector at the Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority, Stavanger. Main working areas; Administration & development of Working Environment Act and accompanying regulations. Guidance & verification of organizations to meet Internal Control Regulations. Health & Safety Audits. Health, Environmental& Safety Project planning/ management in governmental, public & private sector enterprises. In charge of psychosocial/organizational working environment guidance/support.
1989 - 1991 Officer in Manpower/Personnel Branch. Forsvarskommando Sør Norge (FKS). Joint Headquarters South Norway, Stavanger. Focus; Human resource management. Point of contact to judge advocate and representative body.
1987- 1989 Teacher at Comprehensive School. Leka barne- og ungdomsskole, Leka. Teaching in all subjects, (including follow-up & individual coaching of a student with learning disabilities).
1985 - 1987 Officer School Instructor. Norwegian Military Logistic Education and Training unit. Hærens transportkorps, skole- og øvingsavdeling (HTKSØ), Sandnes. Main tasks; Administration & Adjutancy. Planning & implementation of exercises.
1984 - 1985 Prison guard (temporary position). County Jail, Stavanger (Finnestad Kretsfengsel). Both men?s &women?s blocks.
1980 - 1981 Sergeant at Military Education & Basic Training unit. (compulsory year of duty) Hærens Intendatur, skole- og øvingsavdeling (HISØ), Gardermoen, Main tasks; Platoon/military basic training & subject area instruction.
2008 - 2009 Cultural Awareness, Faculty of Social Sciences, UiS. Main areas; Cultural understanding/development, Migration, Globalization, International conflicts, International/Humanitarian law. (One year Foundation Subject).
2006 Exam Facultatum, Norwegian Teaching Academy, Bergen. (Ex. Fac.).
2003 - Examen Philosophicum, University of Bergen (UiB). (Ex.Phil.).
2001 - Environmental Management (related to Military environment). University of Trondheim (NTNU)/Headquarters Defence Command Norway.
1990 - Military Health & Safety Management Education. Headquarters Defence Command Norway/Working Environment Centre in Norway, Lillehammer.
1984 - 1985 Safety Management/Administration. Stavanger University College. Main areas; Safety, Preparedness, Toxicology, Quality Assurance/ Working Environment. (One year Foundation Subject).
1983 - 1984 Study of English & American history, language and literature. Stavanger University College.
1981 - 1983 Social Sciences Studies. Stavanger University College. Main Areas; Organization Studies, Human Resources Management, Working Environment. (Two years Intermediate Subject).
1979 - 1980 Officer Candidate School, Vatneleiren/ Sandnes, Norway. (Military Studies/Armed Forces ? Academy college/ University).
Associate Judge in Family Law Court/County Committee of Social Welfare
Associate Judge in the District Court of Stavanger
- Stene, Lillian Katarina; Eikemo, Irene Kristin (2019). "Is Whistle-blowing a Safety Mechanism or a Threat? A Study of Petroleum-related Companies in Norway.". I: Proceedings of the 29th European Safety and Reliability Conference(ESREL). 22 – 26 September 2019 Hannover, Germany. Research Publishing Services. ISBN 978-981-11-2724-3. s. 3903-3910.
- Stene, Lillian Katarina; Utne, Richard (2019). "How will different risk perspectives within Naval Organizations in the High North affect societal resilience?". I: Proceedings of the 29th European Safety and Reliability Conference(ESREL). 22 – 26 September 2019 Hannover, Germany. Research Publishing Services. ISBN 978-981-11-2724-3. s. 3981-3987.
- Stene, Lillian Katarina; Folgerø, Ragnhild Storeide (2018). Customs - a vital contributor to safe societies? A Study of the Norwegian customs service.. I: Safety and Reliability – Safe Societies in a Changing World. Proceedings of ESREL 2018, June 17-21, 2018, Trondheim, Norway. CRC Press. ISBN 9781351174657. s. 2923-2929.
- Stene, Lillian Katarina (2017). Unity of effort in the new wars?. I: Safety & Reliability, Theory and Applications. CRC Press. ISBN 978-1138629370. s. 3123-3130.
- Stene, Lillian Katarina; Kruke, Bjørn Ivar (2015). Comprehensive approach: An appropriate tool to gain security in the new wars and complex emergencies?. I: Safety and Reliability of Complex Engineered Systems. CRC Press. ISBN 9781138028791. s. 255-263.
- Stene, Lillian Katarina (2014). Rational beliefs -inconsistent practicies: civil military coordination in North Afghanistan. Universitetet i Stavanger. ISBN 9788276445763. 373 s.
- Stene, Lillian Katarina (2018). "How will different risk perspectives within naval organizations in the High North affect societal resilience?". Society for Risk Analysis (SRA), Nordic; 2018-11-07 - 2018-11-09.
- Stene, Lillian Katarina (2018). Rational beliefs, inkonsistent practices. Vrije University Amsterdam; 2018-03-21 - 2018-03-23.
- Stene, Lillian Katarina (2018). The Customs, - an important contributor to societal security? A study of the Norwegian Customs. NTNU; 2018-06-17 - 2018-06-21.
- Stene, Lillian Katarina (2017). The Customs, - an important contributor to safe societies?. European Safety and Reliability Association (ESRA); 2017-11-01 - 2017-11-04.
- Stene, Lillian Katarina (2017). Unity of efforts in the new wars. ESREL; 2017-06-18 - 2017-06-21.
- Stene, Lillian Katarina (2016). For NATO eller for Afghanistan?.
- Stene, Lillian Katarina (2016). “How does Comprehensive Approach contribute to a network response in the complex emergency in Afghanistan”. Society for Risk Analysis Europe (SRA); 2016-06-21.
- Stene, Lillian Katarina (2016). “Military coalition’s challenges in complex emergencies.”. Society for Risk Analysis Europe (SRA); 2016-12-13.
- Stene, Lillian Katarina (2015). “Civil-military coordination in a complex emergency. Findings from a study of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) organization in North-Afghanistan.”. UiS, Fylkesmannen i Rogaland, Politiet, NATO (JWC); 2015-01-07.
- Stene, Lillian Katarina (2015). Comprhensibe Appraoch: An appropriate tool to gain security in the new wars and complex emergencies.. ESREL; 2015-09-07 - 2015-09-11.
- Stene, Lillian Katarina (2015). “Samfunnssikkerhet og kriser.”. Norges Bygdekvinnelag; 2015-01-17 - 2017-01-17.
- Stene, Lillian Katarina (2014). “Always expect the unexpected.”. Beredskapskonferansen i regi av Kunnskapsdepartementet,; 2014-11-13.
- Stene, Lillian Katarina (2014). “Civil-military coordination in a complex emergency, Aghanistan.”. Institutt for Forsvarestudier (IFS); 2014-05-15.
- Stene, Lillian Katarina (2014). “International security and the New Wars. Nettverk for organisasjonsforskning i Norge (NEON) konferans; 2014-11-26.
- Stene, Lillian Katarina (2007). Rom for islam i Norge?.
- Stene, Lillian Katarina (2006). HMS er ikke bare statistikker og fancy databaser.
- Stene, Lillian Katarina (2006). Psykososialt arbeidsmiljø.
- Stene, Lillian Katarina (2006). Trenger vi risiko?.
- Stene, Lillian Katarina (1994). Mobbing, - et problem på norske arbeidsplasser?.
- Stene, Lillian Katarina (1993). Psykososialt arbeidsmiljø.