- Building clinical practice in different international settings
- Health in Humanitarian Emergencies
Tjoflät I., Karlsen B.: Building clinical practice in the Palestine Red Crescent operation theatres in Lebanon: reflections from the perspective of an expatriate nurse, International Nursing Review , December 2013, Volume 60, issue 4 ( 545-549), DOI:1111/inr.12054
- Tjoflät I., Karlsen B.:Challenges in sharing knowledge; reflections from an expatriate nurse working in a hospital in South Sudan, International Nursing Review, December 2012, Volume 59, issue 4 ( 489 -493) , DOI: 10.1111/j.1466-7657.2012.01020.x
- Tjoflät I.: Practice studies in the nursing education , Sykepleien 8, June 21, 2012 ( Norwegian Article)
- Hossam Elsharkawi, Hakan Sandbladh begin, Tammam Aloudat, Andree Girardau, Ingrid Tjoflåt and Cecilia Brunnström: Preparing Humanitarian Workers for Future Disaster Response: A Red Cross Field Training Model, Humanitarian Publication Network, March 2010
Tjoflät I., Bunch Haugen E.:Working in a refugee camp in Macedonia in 1999, Tidskrift for Norsk Sykepleieforskning , March 2007
Tjoflät I. : A new post-graduate education for nurses , Abstract International Journal of Disaster Medicine, Volume 4., 2006 No 1-2
- Tjoflät I.: A patient story from a hospital in South Sudan, Abstract in Scand. J. Trauma Med 2005
- Tjoflät I.: Nursing practice in war zones , Abstract in Scand J Trauma Med 2002; 10 (2) suppl. 1 ISSN- 0805-6129
- Tjoflät I, Hansen H, Drevland W.: The dilemma between the guest role and the expert role in international humanitarian work, Embla no. 5, 2000. (Norwegian article)
- Tjoflät I, Bunch Haugen E.: Stress and coping among Norwegian Nurses working in War Zones,Vård i Norden, 1999, 54 (4), ISSN: 0107-4083
- Tjoflät I. :The nurse and culture understanding , Tidskriftet Sykepleien, September 1999 (Norwegian article)
- Tjoflät I. : Nursing Practice in War zones and Wisdom Acquired , Vård i Norden, 1997, 17 (4), ISSN 0107 - 4083
- Tjoflät I. : A different student practice , Tidsskriftet Sykepleien January 1998 ( Norwegian article)
- Tjoflät I. : Experiences from work in areas of conflict, Abstract in the book of Abstracts, European Conference, Traumatic Stress in Emergency Services Peacekeeping Operations & Humanitarian Aid Organizations, University of Sheffield, England, March 1996
- Tjoflät I. : Experience from work in war zones , Master Thesis, University of Oslo, Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Nursing Science, Publikasjonsserie 2/ 1996, ISSN 0801- 5597
Expatriate nurses experiences working together with local nurses in humanitarian missions a qualitative study
Since 1991 to present extensive experiences in humanitarian work in different war/ conflict zones for the International Committee of the Red Cross/ Red Cross/ Crescent Movement in Afghanistan, Kenya, Guinea, Lebanon, East- Timor, Iraq, Eritrea, Sierra Leone, Iran and India. Working in different positions as project manager, head nurse, teaching nurse and operating theatre nurse
Associate professor in Nursing/ Daily leader Network of Medical Sciences ( 50%), Department of Health Studies, University of Stavanger, 02.05.11- 02.09.12
- Associate professor in Nursing, Department of Health Studies , University of Stavanger 17.08.09- 17.06.11 .
- Assistant professor in nursing, Department of Health Studies , University of Stavanger 02.01.96 -31.12.07
- Personnel Officer, Mainly working with Emergency Response Unit ( ERU), Norwegian Red Cross May - December 2001
- Teaching Nurse at the Post Graduate Education in Operation Theatre Nursing, Stavanger Ûniversity hospital 1989 - 1992
Nurse / Operation Theatre Nurse in different wards in Stavanger University hospital 1980 - 1989 /1993- 1995
- Tjoflåt, Ingrid; Brandeggen, Tone Knutsen; Strandberg, Ellen Synnøve; Dyrstad, Dagrunn Nåden; Husebø, Sissel Iren Eikeland (2018). Norwegian nursing students' evaluation of vSim® for Nursing. Advances in Simulation. ISSN 2059-0628. Volum 3. Hefte 10. DOI: 10.1186/s41077-018-0070-9.
- Tjoflåt, Ingrid; Melissa, Theodotha John; Mduma, Estomih; Hansen, Britt Sætre; Karlsen, Bjørg; Søreide, Eldar (2018). How do Tanzanian hospital nurses perceive their professional role? A qualitative study. Nursing Open. ISSN 2054-1058. DOI: 10.1002/nop2.139.
- Tjoflåt, Ingrid; Melissa, Theodotha John; Mduma, Estomih; Hansen, Britt Sætre; Søreide, Eldar (2017). Mismatched expectations? Experiences of nurses in a low-income country working with visiting nurses from high-income countries. Journal of Clinical Nursing. ISSN 0962-1067. Volum 26. Hefte 11-12. s. 1535-1544. DOI: 10.1111/jocn.13453.
- Tjoflåt, Ingrid; Razaonandrianina, Julie; Karlsen, Bjørg; Hansen, Britt Sætre (2017). Complementary knowledge sharing : experiences of nursing students participating in an educational exchange program between Madagascar and Norway. Nurse Education Today. ISSN 0260-6917. Volum 49. s. 33-38. DOI: 10.1016/j.nedt.2016.11.011.
- Tjoflåt, Ingrid; Karlsen, Bjørg; Hansen, Britt Sætre (2016). Working with local nurses to promote hospital-nursing care during humanitarian assignments overseas: experiences from the perspectives of nurses. Journal of Clinical Nursing. ISSN 0962-1067. Volum 25. Hefte 11-12. s. 1654-1662. DOI: 10.1111/jocn.13182.
- Tjoflåt, Ingrid; Karlsen, Bjørg (2012). Challenges in sharing knowledge:reflections from the perspective of an expatriate nurse working in a South Sudanese hospital. International Nursing Review. ISSN 0020-8132. Volum 59. Hefte 4. s. 489-493. DOI: 10.1111/j.1466-7657.2012.01020.x.
- Aase, Karina; Aase, Ingunn; Haraldseid, Cecilie; Dyrstad, Dagrunn Nåden; Guise, Veslemøy; Husebø, Sissel Iren Eikeland; Tjoflåt, Ingrid (2017). Hva menes med effektiv utdanning og implementering? Utvalgte forskningsresultater fra SHARE. SAFER; 2017-12-15.
- Tjoflåt, Ingrid (2017). På oppdrag for Røde Kors i Honduras.
- Tjoflåt, Ingrid; Hansen, Britt Sætre (2017). Building resilience in humanitarian hospital programs during protracted conflicts: opportunities and limitations. NetWork/Foncsi; 2017-05-04 - 2017-05-06.
- Tjoflåt, Ingrid; Karlsen, Bjørg; Hansen, Britt Sætre (2017). Transcontinental knowledge sharing: Experiences of Malagasy and Norwegian nurse students participating in an exchange program. 2017-10-02 - 2017-10-03.
- Tjoflåt, Ingrid; Våga, Bodil Bø; Søreide, Eldar (2017). Implementing simulation in a nursing education programme: a case report from Tanzania.
- Tjoflåt, Ingrid; Karlsen, Bjørg; Hansen, Britt Sætre (2016). Promoting nursing care during humanitarian assignments overseas: Experiences from the perspectives of Norwegian nurses. 2016-05-18 - 2016-05-20.
- Tjoflåt, Ingrid (2015). Å arbeide sammen med lokale helsearbeidere og andre grupper i en ERU operasjon. 2015-03-07 - 2015-03-08.
- Tjoflåt, Ingrid; Urstad, Kristin Hjorthaug; Hansen, Britt Sætre; Bue Tjelta, Åsta Marie (2015). The implementation of Mobile Intensive Team in a hospital medical ward in Norway: A qualitative study. 2015-05-18 - 2015-05-19.
- Tjoflåt, Ingrid; Girardau, Andree (2013). Training expatriate health professionals in cross cultural communication during humanitarian emergencies: an experience from the Red Cross (RC). International Council of Nurses ( ICN); 2013-05-18 - 2013-05-23.
- Tjoflåt, Ingrid; Karlsen, Bjørg (2013). Building clinical practice in the Palestine Red Crescent operation theatres in Lebanon:reflections from the perspective of an expatriate nurse.
- Tjoflåt, Ingrid (2012). Bruker for mye tid på skriftlige læringsmål.
- Tjoflåt, Ingrid; Schad, Johannes S. (2012). Trauma management course: an International Committee of the Red Cross experience in Iraq. 2012-06-14 - 2012-06-16.
- Tjoflåt, Ingrid (2011). Health in Emergencies- Training for disaster response. University of Agder; 2011-10-17 - 2011-10-19.