Businesses that offer Internship will be presented to the students. Students can also find a suitable internship organization. Internship is limited to 15 bachelor and 15 master students. The final selection depends on an assessment of student qualifications and match between students and internship organizations.
- Reflect on differences between practice and theory in business administration.
On completion of the course, you will have acquired skills to be able to:
- Identify a business administration topic to be studied in the internship organization.
- Apply a theoretical framework suitable to analyse this topic and derive at possible improvements.
- Write an academic report, which combines theory and practice.
Students must be enrolled in the internship course before they can start an internship.
Students must fulfill these requirements for the internship:
1. The internship and workplace have to be approved by the course teacher.
2. A contact person (mentor) in the internship organization has to be approved.
3. Participate in a startup seminar before the internship.
4. All mandatory tasks have to be approved.
The credits from this course can be used as elective credits and can be included in the Major, depending on the course portfolio.
The internship cannot substitute neither be included in a thesis. However, it is an excellent opportunity to explore an area for a thesis in the following semester.
Required prerequisite knowledge
|Report||1/1||Pass - Fail|
The report should be 3000 words long (excluding references and appendix) and contain the following:
1) Introduction that presents the topic and questions in focus during your internship.
2) A summary of previous and relevant research (based on the literature requirements).
3) Presentation of observations/experiences/discussions in practice combined with critical discussion and analyses. The field notes should be the basis for this chapter.
4) Conclusions and recommendations for theory and practice.
5) List of references.
6) Appendix 1: Description of the internship organization.
7) Appendix 2: Description of the work conducted in the organization.
The report is graded Pass - Fail
Field note reflections: During the time of the internship, each student must take field notes about specific things they observe or experience related to the chosen topic. Drawing on these field notes students should reflect on how practice mirrors what they have studied in previous courses. Students should submit two such reflections to their internship teacher during the internship.
Method of work
Sist oppdatert: 06.06.2020