Upon completion of this course, students should gain the knowledge of:
- the fundamental data analytic techniques, such as various regression models, classification and segmentation tools
- how to obtain business insights from data analytics
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify and carry out the appropriate analytical method for a given problem
- draw scientifically sound conclusions from analytical results
- write and execute simple R programs for fundamental statistical analyses
- independently develop and carry out their own research projects and communicate results from such projects
- A brief statistical review
- A brief principles of consumer behavior and marketing strategy
- What is an insight?
- Introduction to R
2. Dependent variable techniques
- Regression analysis
3. Inter-relationship techniques
- Cluster analysis
- Principal component anlaysis
4. Big data and big data analysis
- What is big data?
- Introduction to machine learning
5. Final Project
- Research design
- Data collection
- Reporting results
Required prerequisite knowledge
Recommended previous knowledge
Students are expected to have completed compulsory levels of mathematics, statistics and economics for bachelor students in business.
|Term paper in group||45/100||1||A - F||All. |
|Individual digital written exam||55/100||4 hours||A - F|
There is no possibility of repeat (resit) exam for the group project.
3. Individual digital written exam (55%)
All the assessments are given and responded to in English.
Group work is an important aspect of this course and integrated into the course meetings. Thus, students are required to attend 80% of the course meetings during the semester. Those who cannot meet this requirement should not take this course.
- Course coordinator
- Yuko Onozaka
Method of work
The total work load in this course is estimated to be 280 hours.
Lectures and group work sessions : 66 hours (6 hours x 11 weeks)
Weekly assignments : 80 hours
Self-study : 80 hours
Final project: 50 hours
Final written exam: 4 hours
|Research methods in the social sciences (BRH220_1)||10|
Business Administration - Master of Science (5 years)
Exchange programmes at UIS Business School
Link to reading list
Sist oppdatert: 08.08.2020