- Understand how genes are assembled and the mechanisms for gene expression.
- Know the principles of central gene technological methods and methods to map genomes, genetic variation and gene expression.
- Understand the mechanisms for gene regulation both in prokaryotes and in eukaryotes.
- Know the regulation of the cell cycle in relation to the development of cancer.
- Have basic knowledge about bioinformatics.
- Use web-based bioinformatics tools to solve problems
Required prerequisite knowledge
Recommended previous knowledge
|Written exam||1/1||4 hours||A - F||None permitted|
- Course teacher
- Oddmund Nordgård
- Course coordinator
- Oddmund Nordgård , Heinz Peter Ruoff
- Head of Department
- Gro Johnsen
Method of work
|Gene technology (MOT190_1)||5|
|Introduction to Bioinformatics (BBI100_1)||5|
Computer Science- Bachelor's degree programme in computer science
Chemistry and Environmental Engineering - Bachelor's Degree Programme
Environmental Engineering - Master of Science Degree Programme
Sist oppdatert: 30.03.2020