- is able to conduct and to present extensive scientific work
- is able to describe a problem in a clear and concise way, according to the terms and expressions within biochemistry and molecular biology
- has extensive experience in literature search, practical scientific work and the preparing of scientific reports
- knows the essential publication channels within the field of research
- Is able to critically assess own and others work
- Knows the ethical standard that must be applied in research and scientific reports.
Required prerequisite knowledge
Recommended previous knowledge
|Thesis, presentation and oral examination||1/1||A - F|
Regulations relating to studies and examinations at the University of Stavanger, § 2-10 section 4:
A candidate will generally have one attempt at a performing examination or Bachelor's or Master's thesis.
a) Upon application, a second attempt may be granted if a candidate wishes to improve their grade. In such cases, the candidate may not be permitted to revise a previously submitted response, but must write a new response on a new basis
b) Upon application, a candidate who has not passed the bachelor's or master's thesis may be granted a second attempt. In such cases, a reworked version of the bachelor's or master's thesis may be submitted, or a completely new thesis may be submitted. This must then be submitted by the specified deadline and will count as a new exam attempt.
c) The Dean himself shall issue supplementary regulations for the completion and supervision of Bachelor's and Master's theses.
A bachelor´s or a master´s thesis not submitted in time will be graded Fail.
Read more: http://student.uis.no/getfile.php/Intranett%20Studentsider%20og%20ansattsider/Reglar1.pdf
- Course teacher
- Hanne Røland Hagland , Astrid Elisabeth Mork-Jansson , Oddmund Nordgård , Lutz Andreas Eichacker , Svein Bjelland , Kåre Bredeli Jørgensen , Cathrine Lillo , Heinz Peter Ruoff
- Course coordinator
- Cathrine Lillo
- Head of Department
- Gro Johnsen
Method of work
|Master thesis in Biological Chemistry (MBIMAS_1)||60|
Sist oppdatert: 24.08.2019