The student will have acquired knowledge:
- about strengths-based perspectives on social work
- about different approaches to identifying resources within service users and their community.
- about different methods of analyzing and documenting social work interventions.
- about different methods of implementation and evaluation of social work interventions.
The student will:
- be able to communicate and collaborate with service professionals
- be able to systematically analyze social work interventions and identify possibilities of improvement
- be able to attain and utilize updated research-based knowledge in the social work field of interest.
- be able to document and evaluate the implementation of social work interventions.
The student will
- be able to demonstrate ethical awareness during all stages of involvement with the social work field and the service users.
- be able to demonstrate ethical reasoning and professional judgment when faced with conflicting information, and identify possibilities for action within the social work context.
- be able to convey professional knowledge that promotes quality, diversity and active participation from a strengths-based perspective.
The course is taught through a combination of lectures, group assignments, and workshops. The course workshops are run by academic staff of professional social work background and provide the students with skill training. Group assignments are used to further enhance the skill training, and they offer an opportunity for the students to reflect on their ethical and professional conduct.
|Essay||3/4||A - F||Alle. |
|Muntlig eksamen||1/4||A - F||Alle. |
- Joakim Jiri Haaland
Bachelor in Ssosialt arbeid UiS
This class is open to both incoming students and the Norwegian students already enrolled in the social worker programme. This enables students with different backgrounds to share experiences and work together.
Sist oppdatert: 05.06.2020