This includes an introduction to urban hydrology, VA hydraulics, water quality and water pollution, water sources and water intake, water demand and supply, distribution of supply water, and stormwater treatment.
Knowledge about measuring and designing water and wastewater system will be the main topic.
After taking the course, the students should have good knowledge about:
- Elements of water and wastewater engineering
- Measuring and designing the construction for water and wastewater system
- Planning and projecting water and wastewater system
- The use of computer tools for water and wastewater engineering
- Can design and plan water and wastewater system, using different methods
- Be able to use computer programs to plan and project
- Know the regulation, standard and technical and aesthetic-related parameters
- Establish a good level of knowledge in water and wastewater engineering
- The candidate has knowledge in applying procedures and regulations that must be followed in the given field
- Be able to plan and present a project assignment in collaboration with other students, both in writing and in graphics
Required prerequisite knowledge
Recommended previous knowledge
|Written exam and exercises||1/1||4 hours||A - F||All written. |
The compulsory assignment splits into two parts: a group work for the dimensioning counts 20% and a group work for the technical plans counts 30%.
The final mark will be calculated by the lecturer.
- Course coordinator
- Ari Krisna Mawira Tarigan
- Course teacher
- Guzman Cruz Rodriguez
- Coordinator laboratory exercises
- Andreas Skaare
- Head of Department
- Tore Markeset
Method of work
|Water and Sewage (BIB620_1)||10|
Chemistry and Environmental Engineering - Bachelor's Degree Programme
City and Regional Planning - Master's Degree Programme
Mechanical and Structural Engineering and Materials Science- Master's Degree Programme - 5 years
Sist oppdatert: 02.07.2020