- Insight into principles for government of urban development and renewal
- Knowledge about urban history and planning history
- Knowledge about Norwegian building tradition and European style history
- Insight into laws and regulations pertaining to government of building heritage
- Knowledge about the development of the existing infrastructure and building stock
- Evaluation basis for the cultural environment in transformation areas
Students should be able to
- Analyse urban landscapes
- Analyse and assess the cultural value of a built environment
- Make recommendations for conservation or development
Students should have general competence about
- The principles for preservation and management of historic building traditions
- The principles for area- and transportation planning in urban settings
- The evaluation of existing urban environments and the development of transformation areas
Required prerequisite knowledge
Recommended previous knowledge
|Written exam||2/5||3 hours||A - F||None permitted|
|Mappevurdering||3/5||A - F|
If a student fail a part of the portfolio evaluation, he/she must retake the portfolio evaluation next year.
- Course coordinator
- Anne Merete Skogland
- Course teacher
- Daniela Müller-Eie
- Head of Department
- Tore Markeset
Method of work
Project work as group work to describe and analyze how urban development in the case study area should be governed. Tutoring in groups every second week with compulsory attendance. Contributions in the project must be documented.
|Urban Devlopment and Building Renewal (BIB640_1)||10|
|Building Renewal (BIB210_1)||5|
|Urban transformasjon (BIB480_1)||5|
Admission to Single Courses at the Faculty of Science and Technology
City and Regional Planning - Master's Degree Programme
Mechanical and Structural Engineering and Materials Science- Master's Degree Programme - 5 years
Miljøverndepartmentet. (1993). Stedsanalyse - Innhold og Gjennomføring. In Miljøverndepartmentet (Ed.).
Fortidsminneforening. (1988). Gode Råd om Hus og Stil. In F. t. n. F. Bevaring (Ed.).
Literature and laws about city regeneration.
Additional material will be available on Canvas.
Sist oppdatert: 17.06.2019