A candidate who has completed and passed a master thesis should have:
- an overview of relevant international literature, scientific reporting and ethical standards in the field, and manages to deal critically with various sources of information
- the ability to reflect upon and evaluate existing theory and own work in a critical manner
A candidate who has completed and passed a master thesis should be able to:
- present and communicate extensive independent work
- describe the problem clearly and masters the terms and expressions within the academic field
- analyse relevant theoretical models and/or studies supported by scientific research - masters analysis of relevant scholarly tools and techniques
A candidate who has completed and passed a master thesis should have general competance in:
- giving an account of the academic problem and analyse results and independent conclusions according to the problem
- defending high moral standards in scientific, as well as other, context, thus being a good role model
The assignment will normally be carried out during the last semester of your studies, except the master's thesis of 60 ECTS that run over two semesters. At this stage the knowledge and know-how needed for accomplishing a relevant assignment in the field of studies is prerequisite.
Required prerequisite knowledge
|Thesis||1/1||A - F|
A candidate will generally have one attempt at a performing examination or Bachelor's or Master's thesis.
a) Upon application, a second attempt may be granted if a candidate wishes to improve their grade. In such cases, the candidate may not be permitted to revise a previously submitted response, but must write a new response on a new basis
b) Upon application, a candidate who has not passed the bachelor's or master's thesis may be granted a second attempt. In such cases, a reworked version of the bachelor's or master's thesis may be submitted, or a completely new thesis may be submitted. This must then be submitted by the specified deadline and will count as a new exam attempt.
c) The Dean himself shall issue supplementary regulations for the completion and supervision of Bachelor's and Master's theses.
A bachelor´s or a master´s thesis not submitted in time will be graded Fail.
Read more: http://student.uis.no/getfile.php/Intranett%20Studentsider%20og%20ansattsider/Reglar1.pdf
Submission in this subject may consist of a report, posters, models and/or a public presentation.
- Course coordinator
- Daniela Müller-Eie , Tore Markeset
- Course teacher
- Tegg Westbrook , Harald Nils Røstvik , Ari Krisna Mawira Tarigan , Fabio Alberto Hernandez Palacio , Kirsten Welschemeyer
- Head of Department
- Tore Markeset
Method of work
Tutorials may be individual, colloquial or seminars. The work with the master's thesis counts as 30sp which roughly accouns for 5 months full-time work. Submission of the master thesis may include a public presentation.
|Master thesis in urban development and design (MBUMAS_1)||30|
City and Regional Planning - Master's Degree Programme
Sist oppdatert: 10.12.2019