- How operating system work
- How to protect the operating systems from malicious software
- Be capable of programming against the operating system API
- Be capable of programming parts of an operating system
- Be capable of implementing simple mechanisms for resource management
- Know how to program with threads
- Know how to exploit virtualization for resource management
- Know important general principles for resource management for computer systems.
The course includes programming assignments focused on main concepts learned in the course, such as concurrency, parallelism and synchronization techniques, and tools to analyze and debug various aspects of such applications. In the final project, student groups should design a larger system or parts of an operating system using the techniques covered in the course.
The programming language used in this course is primarily Go (golang).
Required prerequisite knowledge
Recommended previous knowledge
|Written exam||3/5||4 hours||A - F||None permitted|
|Programming project||2/5||A - F|
If a student fails the projectwork , she/he have to take this part again next time the subject is lectured.
Completion of mandatory lab assignments are to be made at the times and in the groups that are assigned. Absence due to illness or for other reasons must be communicated as soon as possible to the laboratory personnel. One cannot expect that provisions for completion of the lab assignments at other times are made unless prior arrangements with the laboratory personnel have been agreed upon.
Failure to complete the assigned labs on time or not having them approved will result in barring from taking the exam of the course.
- Course teacher
- Vinay Jayarama Setty
- Course coordinator
- Hein Meling
- Head of Department
- Tom Ryen
Method of work
|Operating Systems (BID200_1)||5|
Bachelor studies at the Faculty of Science and Technology.
Master studies at the Faculty of Science and Technology.
Go Systems Programming. Mihalis Tsoukalos
Lab exercises and programming projects will be published on Github.
Sist oppdatert: 25.04.2019