- Be familiar with important principles for design and implementation of distributed systems. - Be familiar with the most important system architectures for distributed systems. - Be familiar with important techniques for solving various problems in distributed systems.
- Be able to develop advanced distributed applications with fault tolerance properties. - Be able to perform independent research in distributed systems. - Be able to reason about problems that involve distributed components.
- Know how to develop distributed computer systems.
The course also includes a large programming project based on concepts and algorithms studied in class, in which the student must show how these can be implemented in practice.
The programming project in this course shall be implemented using the Go programming language.
Required prerequisite knowledge
Recommended previous knowledge
|Written||6/10||4 hours||A - F||None permitted|
|Programming project||4/10||A - F|
Written exam is basis for 60 % of the total grade.
Completion of mandatory lab assignments are to be made at the times and in the groups that are assigned. Absence due to illness or for other reasons must be communicated as soon as possible to the laboratory personnel. One cannot expect that provisions for completion of the lab assignments at other times are made unless prior arrangements with the laboratory personnel have been agreed upon.
Failure to complete the assigned labs on time or not having them approved will result in barring from taking the exam of the course.
- Course teacher
- Veronica Estrada Galiñanes , Hein Meling
- Course coordinator
- Veronica Estrada Galiñanes
- Coordinator laboratory exercises
- Racin Wilhelm Nygaard
- Head of Department
- Tom Ryen
Method of work
|Distributed systems (MID110_1)||10|
Computer Science - Master's Degree Programme
Industrial economics - Master's Degree Programme
Industrial Automation and Signal Processing - Master's Degree Programme - 5 year
Robot Technology and Signal Processing - Master's Degree Programme
Technical Societal Safety - Master's Degree Programme
Sist oppdatert: 29.02.2020