- Have an overview over current international litterature, scientific writing and ethical norms for a specific topic and can be critical to different sources of information.
- Demonstrate an in depth insight and comprehension of a specific topic.
- Be able to put the specific subject in the context of the field (physics) and have an understanding of, and be able to describe the underlying theory.
- Use methods in physics to elucidate and analyse a problem.
- Be able to carry out a literature search and scientific writing.
- Be able to present and convey the independent work using the terminology and language of the research area.
- Be able to use and analyze relevant methods and tools specific for mathematical and physical modelling, calculations and/or numerical methods.
- Be able to elucidate and analyze the results and conclusion related to the chosen assignment.
- Understand the ethical standards for scientific work.
- Can convey an extensive independent research work
- Be able to analyse relevant theoretical models or results supported by the research results.
- Be able to reflect and critical assesment of one's own work.
- Can defend a high ethical behaviour in an academic contex.
- Can comfortably use relevant software to calculate and/or oral and written presenation.
Required prerequisite knowledge
|Master thesis, presentation||1/1||A - F|
The oral exam is a presentation of at least 30 minutes where the students himself give an overview of the thesis. The presentation will be public and the examiners will be present. Following the presentation there will be an oral examiniation about the thesis with the examiner and supervisor before final grade is set.
- Course teacher
- Tomas Brauner , Anders Tranberg , Gunnar Thorkildsen , Per Amund Amundsen
- Course coordinator
- Helge Bøvik Larsen
- Head of Department
- Bjørn Henrik Auestad
Method of work
Sist oppdatert: 19.08.2019