- You will have a critical, interdisciplinary and international understanding of current business challenges
- You will acknowledge the responsibilities of ethical and sustainable decision-making
- You are confident in providing specific case-based advice to decision-makers
- You will be solution-focused in your approach to addressing organisational challenges
- You will work well in teams
- You will develop professional presentation skills
- You will be an active contributor to the co-creation of knowledge
- You will take responsibility for your own learning and that of others
- ethics, sustainability and CSR
Examples of international cases used in the past are Patagonia, Tesla, Zappos, and the Roxel Group.
Required prerequisite knowledge
|Portfolio - group||1/2||1||A - F|
|Presentation - individual||1/2||A - F|
In order to obtain a mark all students must meet the following requirement:
- 80% attendance of all mandatory sessions starting from week 1 of teaching (non-attendance authorised by qualified healthcare workers not included in this %)
No re-sit for element 1 (50% Group assessment); Individual presentation re-sit for element 2 (50% individual presentation).
- Course coordinator
- Rune Todnem By
- Course teacher
- Christian Jensen , Kenneth Henning Wathne , Bernt Arne Ødegaard , Ragnar Tveterås
Method of work
Expectations: 280 ECTS work hours divided on case discussions, lectures, workshops; team work & student seminars; and independent study.
Regarding the use of video and audio during virtual, non-recorded case discussion sessions:
In support of course learning outcomes and attendance requirements (80%) outlined in the course descriptor, students undertaking Business Decisions are required to actively engage through the use of video and audio when case discussions are being facilitated on virtual learning platforms for which UiS have data processor agreements (as for example Teams and Zoom). These requirements are in support of the optimal delivery of, and active learning from virtual case discussions and in alignment with GDPR article 6, number 1, letter e, with supplementary legal basis in universitets- og høyskoleloven (uhl.) § 1-3, § 3-8 on education, § 4-2 on education plan and § 4-3 on the students' learning environment. These sessions will not be recorded and only registered students and staff will have access to the case discussions in real time.
Business Administration - Master of Science
Business Administration - Master of Science (5 years)
Sist oppdatert: 21.09.2020