It brings attention to the political controversies associated with climate change mitigation and adaptation and the different, and sometimes competing, strategies envisioned to reduce greenhouse gas emissions (GHGs).
It discusses different energy scenarios and visions about the future energy system and the ways in which transition and transformation can take place.
Students who successfully complete the course will have:
- basic knowledge of climate change and climate change policies.
- an understanding of the energy challenges associated with the Paris Agreement.
- knowledge about emission targets and climate policies in Norway and elsewhere.
- advanced knowledge of various mitigation and adaptation strategies related to the energy system.
- knowledge of different energy scenarios and the competing visions of the future energy mix.
- advanced knowledge of transition theory and the multi-level perspective in particular.
- extended insights on the relationship between energy and climate change, and the challenges associated with transition to a low carbon society.
Students who successfully complete the course should be able to:
- apply the theoretical approaches of transition theory on various energy technologies and assess the conditions for an energy transformation.
- critically assess and evaluate different energy and climate change related policy measures.
After the course, students are expected to be able to:
- use the knowledge and skills in the analysis of energy- and environmental problems and to formulate and communicate problems and dilemmas associated with a low carbon energy transition.
Required prerequisite knowledge
|Home assignment||1/1||3 days||A - F||All. |
- Course coordinator
- Oluf Langhelle
- Course teacher
- Bettina Bluemling , Siddharth Sareen , Thomas Michael Sattich
Method of work
Change Management - Master's Degree Programme
Exchange programmes at UIS Business School
Exchange programme at Faculty of Social Sciences
Exchange programme at Faculty of Science and Technology
Link to reading list
Sist oppdatert: 29.09.2020