- About existing theories and research in patient safety
- About current practices in patient safety in the Norwegian health care system
- About differences between an individual perspective and a system's perspective on safety
- About how risk-based methods, simulation, safety culture and learning can be used as a means in patient safety work
- About how patient experiences can be incorporated in patient safety work
- To apply theories/methods to improve patient safety in practice
- To evaluate scientific publications on patient safety
- To critically analyze different theoretical, methodological and practical approaches to patient safety
- System perspective
- Patient perspective
- Role of governmental bodies, policy and practice
- Interaction and transitions
- Risk-based approach
- Leadership, learning, safety culture and work environment
- Education, simulation and training
Required prerequisite knowledge
|Term paper||1/1||A - F||All. |
Submitted and approved essay about the research problem for the individual assignment (maximum 500 words).
Method of work
Note: If only a few students are registered, the course can be organized as a supervised reading course.
|Patient safety - theory and practice (FXMHV264_1)||10|
|Patient safety - theory and practice (E-MRS170_1)||10|
The course is open to all master's students.
Candidates with a relevant bachelor's degree may apply for admission to the course if there is availability.
Link to reading list
Sist oppdatert: 15.08.2020