- Have advanced knowledge of theoretical perspectives on how religion is represented in art, media and education
- Have advanced knowledge of how representations of religion can be researched and discussed
- Have knowledge of examples of representation of religion
- Be able to explain how and why religion is differently represented
- Be able to analyse representations of religion in art, media and education
- Be able to discuss different aspects of representation of religion
- Be able to differentiate different human expressions of meaning and how they are influenced by and themselves influence different contexts where they appear
- Have a critical understanding of theories of religion
Required prerequisite knowledge
|Home exam||1/1||6 days||A - F||All. |
Method of work
Jackson, R. (2004). Rethinking Religious Education and Plurality. Issues in Diversity and Pedagogy. London: Routledge Falmer. (221 p).
Hjarvard, Stig and Lövheim, Mia (eds.) (2012). Mediatization and Religion: Nordic Perspectives. Gothenburg: Nordicom. (210 p).
Graham, Gordon. 2017. Philosophy, Art, and Religion: Understanding Faith and Creativity. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. (200 p).
Bannister, Peter. (2013). "The Offence of Beauty in Modern Western Art Music." Relgions 4 (4):687 700.
Jasper, David. (2011). "The arts and modern Christian architecture." Theology 114 (5):353-362
Kalvig, Anne (2014). "Death in Times of Secularization and Sacralization: The Mediating and Re-Mediating of the Utøya Tragedy in the Norwegian Public" in D. Refslund Christensen and K. Sandvik (eds.) Mediating and Re-Mediating Death (Death, Materiality and the Origin of Time series, vol II). (pp. 23-42). Farnham: Ashgate..
Kalvig, Anne (2015). "Shared Facilities: the Fabric of Shamanism, Spiritualism, and Therapy in a Nordic Setting" in J. Lewis, S. E. Kraft and T. Fonneland (eds.) Nordic Neoshamanisms (New Religions and Alternative Spirituality series). (pp. 67-88). Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
Kuppinger, Petra (2017). Religion, art and creativity in the global city. Culture and Religion, 18(4), 343-352.
Moberg, Marcus. 2012. "Religion in Popular Music or Popular Music as Religion? A Critical Review of Scholarly Writing on the Place of Religion in Metal Music and Culture." Popular Music and Society 35 (1):113-130.
Saunders, Robert A., 2014. "Primetime Paganism: Popular-Culture Representations of Europhilic Polytheism in Game of Thrones and Vikings." Correspondences 2:2, (pp.121-157).
Skeie, G. (2013). "A Contextual Turn in Research on Religion and Education?" In G. Skeie, J. Everington, I. t. Avest, & S. Miedema (Eds.), Exploring Context in Religious Education Research (pp. 249-272). Münster: Waxmann.
Skeie, G. (2015). "What Does Conceptualisation of Religion Have to Do with Religion in Education?" In L. V.
Arragon & L. G. Beaman (Eds.), Issues in Religion and Education. Whoose Religion? (pp. 126-155). Leiden: Brill.
Jackson, R. (1997): "The Representation of Religion". In Jackson, R. (1997). Religious education: an interpretive approach. (pp 49-71). London: Hodder & Stoughton.
Whyte, William. 2006. "How Do Buildings Mean? Some Issues of Interpretation in the History of Architecture." History and Theory 45 (2):153-177. 15 pp.
Sist oppdatert: 26.06.2019