- Understand finite element formulations and/or finite volume methods
- Formulate and solve nonlinear problems in continuum mechanics/fluid dynamics
- Use numerical modeling techniques to model material/fluid behavior,
- Use finite element programming tools to formulate and solve engineering optimization problems, plasticity problems and dynamics systems.
- FEM: Finite elements in continuum and solid mechanics, Eulerian and Lagrangian finite element formulations, Numerical modeling of material behavior, Material and geometric nonlinearity analysis, Plasticity models, Computational methods in dynamic problems, Finite elements in engineering optimization
- CFD: Finite volume techniques in fluid dynamics, discretization and solution methods, selected topics in multiphase flows including Euler-Euler, Euler-Lagrange as well as Volume of fluid (VOF) methods.
- Engineering optimization, linear and nonlinear optimization, advanced and nature-inspired optimization tools and approaches.
Required prerequisite knowledge
Recommended previous knowledge
|Project assignment and oral exam||1/1||Pass - Fail|
- Course coordinator
- Hirpa Gelgele Lemu , Bjørn Helge Hjertager
- Head of Department
- Tor Henning Hemmingsen
Method of work
Link to reading list
Sist oppdatert: 14.08.2020