It shall give an understanding of the driving forces behind technology and service development and changes to the competitive situation.
The course will have seminar form where the students are given the chance to present and discuss problems related to content in selected literature and papers. The topics covered may vary some from year to year.
The course includes development and preparation, presentation and defense of written report containing problem answers, critic of a different student report, as well as participation in discussion during seminars. The work normally is performed in groups of two students. The course language is English.
Required prerequisite knowledge
|Report and presentation||1/1||A - F|
- Course coordinator
- Knut Erik Bang
- Course teacher
- Tore Markeset
- Head of Department
- Tor Henning Hemmingsen
Method of work
|Industrial services (MOM400_1)||5|
Industrial Asset Management - Master's Degree Programme
Offshore Technology - Master's Degree Programme
Part 1 - Services:
- Excerpt 1: Lovelock, C. and Wirtz, J. (2011). Services Marketing: People, Technology, Strategy. 7th ed., Prentice, Hall Boston
- Article 1: Markeset, T. and Kumar, U. (2004). "Design and Development of Product Support and Maintenance Concepts for Industrial Systems" Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering, Vol. 9 No. 4
- Article 2: Markeset, T. and Kumar, U. (2004). "Product Support Strategy: Conventional versus Functional Products" Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering, Vol. 11 No. 1
- Article 3: Kumar, R., Markeset, T. and Kumar, U. (2004), "Maintenance of Machinery, Negotiating Service Contracts in Business-to-Business Marketing", International Journal of Service Industry Management, Vol. 15 No. 4, pp. 400-413
- Article 4: Kumar, R. and Kumar, U. (2004), "Service Delivery Strategy: Trends in Mining Industries", International Journal of Surface Mining, Reclamation and Environment, Vol. 18 No. 4, pp. 299-307.
- Article 5: Kumar, R. and Kumar, U. (2004), "A Conceptual Framework for the Development of a Service Delivery Strategy for Industrial Systems and Products", Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, Vol. 19 Issue - 5, pp. 310-319.
- Article 6: Kumar, R., Markeset, T., Kumar, U. (2006a). "Remote Operation and Maintenance Support Services: a Conceptual Framework", In: The Proceedings of the Mine Planning and Equipment Selection Conference (MPES2007), December 11-13th, Bangkok,Thailand
- Article 7: Kumar, R. and Markeset, T. (2007). "Development of Performance-based Service Strategies for the O&G Industry: a Case Study", Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, 22/4, pp. 272-280
- Article 8: Kumar, R., Markeset, T., Kumar, U. (2006b). "Implementation and Execution of Industrial Service Strategies: a Case Study from the Oil and Gas Industry", Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering
Part 2 - Strategy:
- Excerpt 1: de Wit, B. and Meyer, R. (2014) Strategy - An International Perspective. Andover, UK: Cengage Learning. Chapter 4: Business Level Strategy
- Excerpt 2: de Wit, B. and Meyer, R. (2014) Strategy - An International Perspective. Andover, UK: Cengage Learning. Chapter 5: Corporate Level Strategyring, Vol. 12 No. 2, pp. 105-117
Part 3 - Changes to Strategy:
- Article 1: Bang, K. E. and Markeset, T. (2011). Identifying the Drivers of Economic Globalization and the Effects on Companies' Competitive Situation, In: The Proceedings of the International Conference on Advances in Production Management Systems. Stavanger, Norway, September 26-28th (2011)
- Article 2: Bang, K. E. and Markeset, T. (2011). Impact of Globalization on Model of Competition and Companies' Competitive Situation. In: The Proceedings of the International Conference on Advances in Production Management Systems, Stavanger, Norway, September 26-28th (2011)
- Article 3: Bang, K. E. and Markeset, T. (2011). The Oncoming Waves of Competition,
- Article 4: Bang, K. E. and Markeset, T. (2011). Towards a New Type of Company: Changes in Company Assets and Core Activities and in Asset Management.
- Excerpt 1: Chesbrough, H. (2011). Open Services Innovation: Rethinking Your Business to Grow and Compete in a New Era. Jossey- Bass, San Fransisco
Sist oppdatert: 21.01.2020