The different elements and processes that make the petroleum system and hydrocarbon reservoirs in the earth subsurface.
Basic knowledge on the different concepts and methods that geoscientists use to understand the 3D geometry and properties of petroleum reservoirs.
Recognize different depositional and tectonic settings of sedimentary rocks and how they may impact hydrocarbon reservoirs. understand sampling of reservoir fluids for component and PVT-analysis.
Understand experimental techniques for component and PVT-analysis.
Understand use of component and PVT-analysis for reservoir and production technical computations.
Employ and understand use of a PVT-simulator.
Required prerequisite knowledge
|Written exam||6/10||4 hours||A - F|
|POrtfolie og 5 to 10 compulsory assignments||4/10||A - F|
Lecturer will set the final grade.
If a student fails or want to improve the grade, she/he have to take the whole course again the following year
Mandatory exercises for reserve calculations of oil and gas in reservoirs on the Norwegian Continental shelf, with assignment of reports for evaluation.
PVT of Fluids
Completion of mandatory lab assignments are to be made at the times and in the groups that are assigned and published. Absence due to illness or for other reasons must be communicated as soon as possible to the laboratory personnel. One cannot expect that provisions for completion of the lab assignments at other times are made unless prior arrangements with the laboratory personnel have been agreed upon.
Mandatory assignment of laboratoy reports for evaluation.
- Course coordinator
- Skule Strand
- Course teacher
- Ahmed Adnan Aqrawi, Paul Henry Nadeau , Ola Ketil Siqveland
- Head of Department
- Alejandro Escalona Varela
Method of work
Obligatoric Field Reserve Excercises.
Obligatoric Laboratory Work, 3 excercises totally 9 hrs
|PVT and reservoir modelling (MPE690_1)||5|
|Reservoir Geology (MPE110_1)||5|
Petroleum Geosciences Engineering - Master of Science Degree Programme
Petroleum Engineering - Master of Science Degree Programme
Petroleum Engineering - Master`s Degree programme in Petroleum Engineering, 5 years
Literature list for Petroleum geology
- Bjørlykke, K. (ed.), (2010) Petroleum Geoscience: From Sedimentary Environments to Rock Physics, Springer, 508 p. - Lecture notes - Excercises
Literature list for PVT of Fluids -
Compendium in PVT of Fluids, PVT - Analyses (PET-500), - Lecture notes
Supporting literature list:
- PVT and Phase Behavior of Petroleum Reservoir Fluids Ali Danesh Elsevier , ISBN 0-444-82196-1
- Phase Behavior Curtis H. Whitson and Michael R. Brulè SPE Monograph Vol.20 ISBN 1-55563-087-1
- Properties of Oils And Natural Gasses K.S. Pedersen, Aa.Fredenslund, P. Thomassen Gulf Publishing Company ISBN 0-87201-588-2
- Volumetric and Phase Behavior of Oil Field Hydrocarbon Systems M.B. Standing SPE , 1951, 8th Printing 1977
- Termodynamics of Hydrocarbon Reservoirs Abbas, Firoozabadi, McGraw-Hill, ISBN 0-07-022071-9
Sist oppdatert: 24.08.2019