- A general understanding of natural gas reservoir and production engineering aspects.
- In depth knowledge of; natural gas PVT behavior, material balance techniques, reservoir gas and liquid flow, wellbore flow dynamics and natural gas field production.
- A comprehensible understanding of physical -, mathematical - and statistical modeling processes.
- Geoscience: Structural geology, petroleum geology.
- Gas sources: Gas formation, gas migration and gas reservoir.
- Gases: Compositions, phase behavior, PVT, EOS, thermodynamics, flash calculations.
- Material balance: General principle, gas condensate, aquifers, volumetric/non-volumetric, mean reservoir pressure, history matching, modeling and aquifers.
- Reservoir gas flow: Basic flow equations and transformations, single phase, two phase, gas-condensation, near well flow, bottom hole pressure.
- Gas well-bore flow: Basic equations, well pressure distributions, pressure/energy losses, multiphase flow, liquid accumulation, heat losses, radial heat flow, wellhead pressure.
- Reservoir depletion: Characteristics of gas production, reservoir performance, well inflow performance, tubing flow performance, well deliverability.
- Gas injection: Natural gas injection of dry gas (methane), CO2 and N2 using different reservoir models such as gravity segregation, vertical equilibrium, viscous fingering and Buckley - Leverett displacement.
- Gas field production: Statistical reservoir models, fault block models, reservoir communication, optimization production strategies, production uncertainty.
Required prerequisite knowledge
|Written exam||1/1||4 hours||A - F||None permitted|
- Course coordinator
- Dhruvit Satishchandra Berawala
Method of work
|Natural Gas Production (MPE600_1)||5|
Petroleum Engineering - Master of Science Degree Programme
Petroleum Engineering - Master`s Degree programme in Petroleum Engineering, 5 years
Fundamentals of natural gas behavior, reservoir engineering and field production, J.R. Ursin
- Fundamentals of gas reservoir engineering, Jacques Hagoort
- Natural gas engineering production and storage, Donald L. Katz, Robert L. Lee
- The practice of reservoir engineering, L.P. Dake
Sist oppdatert: 26.06.2019