- Have good knowledge about drilling/production well related problems/failure, detection and solution/repair methods
- Have good knowledge of drilling systems, riser mechanics and subsea technology
- Have good knowledge about modern drilling methods and concepts
- Possess a basic knowledge in production chemistry problems as well as selecting materials for prevention/inhibition/remedial actions for flow assurance
- Possess knowledge about various material testing methods and parameter determinations
- Possess knowledge about material and material selection with respect to various loading and corrosive environments.
- Possess knowledge of drill string dysfunctionalities and control methods.
- Possess knowledge about various corrosion types in oil well and prevention/inhibition methods
- Be able to use both analytical calculation methods and simulation tools in solving engineering problems.
- Be able to perform drillstring design using analytical techniques and computer simulations
- Be able to perform hydraulic design using analytical techniques and computer simulations
- Be able to perform well kill calculations and kick simulations
- Be able to perform production tubing/casing design with respect to various loading scenario during production, stimulation and construction process
- Obtain general competence in mechanics, flow dynamics and material technology that can be transferrable to other discipline areas
- Obtain skills in solving engineering problems using both analytical methods and modern simulation tools in combination
Adjustments to the plan may occur including elements like cementing and drill string dysfunctionalities (vibration) and control methods.
Required prerequisite knowledge
Recommended previous knowledge
|Written exam||1/1||4 hours||A - F||Calculator. |
- Course coordinator
- Mesfin Belayneh Agonafir
Method of work
Sist oppdatert: 05.06.2020