- Understand the historic perspective and future developments of catalysis
- Be able to formulate reaction mechanisms for chemical reactions and to derive correlations between material properties and catalysis
- Understand various nanomaterial synthesis/characterization and catalysis characterization techniques
- Have a deep understanding on a variety of industrial practices for oil refining and gas conversion, as well as renewable energy conversion techniques
- Come up with the approaches for literature review of their research background and apply the principles and techniques covered in the course to their own research project
- Be able to apply the covered theory to known industrial problems
- Chemical reaction engineering: thermodynamics, chemical equilibrium, chemical kinetics, reaction mechanism and rate laws, chemical reactor fundamentals
- Heterogeneous catalysis: importance of catalysis, adsorption, desorption, surface reaction, diffusion, rates and kinetics of catalytic reactions, deactivation
- Catalyst preparation and characterization: nanomaterials preparation methods, different characterization techniques
- Industrial use of natural gas: syngas technologies, gas to liquids, gas to chemicals, etc.
- Industrial oil refining: reforming, cracking, isomerization, desulphurization, etc.
Required prerequisite knowledge
|Written exam||1/1||A - F|
Method of work
Sist oppdatert: 05.06.2020