- understand the construction of a standard simulator for reservoir fluid multiphase flow
- use an advanced reservoir simulatorcommon to the industry
- formulate differential equations, discretize them and linearize them to be solved in a programming software for a relatively simple multiphase flow problem
Required prerequisite knowledge
Recommended previous knowledge
PET500, PET510, PET560, PET565
|Continous assessment||1/1||A - F|
The tests count equally and the projects count equally. The grade is evaluated 50/50 based on tests and projects.
The students must pass all project assignments and obtain an average of at least 40 % on the theory tests to pass the course. If students fail or want to improve their grade, they must take the entire course again the next year.
The three tests count 50 % (15+15+20) of the grade and the projects count 50 % (10+10+10+20) where the fourth project is more comprehensive than the others and last through the semester.
The students must pass all project assignments and obtain an average of at least 40 % on the theory tests to pass the course.
- Course coordinator
- Pål Østebø Andersen , Hans Kleppe
- Course teacher
- Dag Chun Standnes , Pål Østebø Andersen
- Head of Department
- Alejandro Escalona Varela
Method of work
|Reservoir simulation (MPE750_1)||10|
Sist oppdatert: 05.06.2020