- Plan, prepare and evaluate structured teaching of ski play, cross-country skiing and slalom skiing
- Observe and evaluate exercise programmes or alternatives that may be appropriate for the different ski-styles
- Plan, prepare and evaluate winter mountain excursions
- Be able to account for the different factors that can contribute to the avalanche.
- Reflect on their own and other people's leadership of winter mountain excursions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of natural history in the winter landscape.
- Demonstrate knowledge and basic techniques of cross-country skiing, slalom skiing and ski play
- Prepare their own skis
- Be able to recognize avalanche dangerous areas, and make secure choices.
- Could prevent and treat frostbite.
- Be able to build and evaluate secure accommodation forms in the snow.
- Adapt friluftsliv tours to different user groups
- Be able to take care of themselves and others in the winter mountains.
- Lead groups on excursions
- Be able to ensure the safety of various forms of tours and activity.
- Ski courses: Ski play, skate skiing, classic ski, Telemark ski or Alpine skiing
- Excursion planning with route planning and risk assessment
- Basic winter excursion 3 days.
- base-camp winter excursion 4 days.
- Outdoor leadership
- Equipment and packing
- Natural history. Different snow types and snow conditions caused by temperature changes, wind and sun.
- Accident prevention and first aid for outdoor winter.
- Map, compass and GPS
- Student-led excursion with other students.
Required prerequisite knowledge
|Written exam||1/1||4 hours||A - F||None permitted|
Grade assessment of practical skills in outdoor winter. 60%
Mandatory Excursions: Students must attend the following mandatory field trips that are considered to pass:
Five days in Nesbyen: ski play, Alpine skiing, skate skiing and classic cross-country skiing.
Three-four day basic winter excursion to the Frikvarteret cabin at Ådneram in January.
Leading day excursions for sports students in their first year.
Four-day advanced winter life excursion to Sirdal.
Student -led group Winter excursions for a minimum of three nights.
- Course coordinator
- Åge Vigane
- Programme coordinator
- Cato Olsen Slettvold , Kari-Anne Svensen Malmo
- Course teacher
- Bjørnar Kjellstadli
Method of work
Eight days in Nesbyen: Ski play, Telemark skiing, Alpine skiing, skate skiing and classic cross-country skiing.
Three-day basic winter excursion to the Frikvarteret cabin at Ådneram in January. Module 1
Leading day excursions for sports students in their first year. Module 2
Four-day advanced winter life excursion to Sirdal. Module 3
Group winter excursions (egenferd) for a minimum of three nights. Module 4
Three-day outdoor coastal friluftsliv excursion to Langøy. Accommodation in tents.
Cycling day trip from Tungenes Lighthouse at Randaberg to Tanager harbour.
Group cycling trip (Egenferd). Minimum two nights.
Henderson, B. & Vikander, N. 'Nature first. Outdoor Life the friluftsliv way' ISBN 978-1-897045-21-3 Toronto. 2007.
Priest, S. Gass,M. "Effective leadership in Adventure Programming, 3E. Human Kinetics, 2017
Articles/compendium of up to 400 pages.
Please note that the above list may change.
Sist oppdatert: 18.08.2019