- Plan, prepare and evaluate structured teaching of ski play, cross-country skiing and slalom skiing
- Observe and evaluate exercise programmes or alternatives that may be appropriate for the different ski-styles
- Plan, prepare and evaluate winter mountain excursions
- Be able to account for the different factors that can contribute to the avalanche.
- Reflect on their own and other people's leadership of winter mountain excursions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of natural history in the winter landscape.
- Demonstrate knowledge and basic techniques of cross-country skiing, slalom skiing and ski play
- Prepare their own skis
- Be able to recognize avalanche dangerous areas, and make secure choices.
- Could prevent and treat frostbite.
- Be able to build and evaluate secure accommodation forms in the snow.
- Adapt friluftsliv tours to different user groups
- Be able to take care of themselves and others in the winter mountains.
- Lead groups on excursions
- Be able to ensure the safety of various forms of tours and activity.
- Ski courses: Ski play, skate skiing, classic ski, Telemark ski or Alpine skiing
- Excursion planning with route planning and risk assessment
- Basic winter excursion 3 days.
- base-camp winter excursion 4 days.
- Outdoor leadership
- Equipment and packing
- Natural history. Different snow types and snow conditions caused by temperature changes, wind and sun.
- Accident prevention and first aid for outdoor winter.
- Map, compass and GPS
- Student-led excursion with other students.
Required prerequisite knowledge
|Praktisk vurdering||3/5||A - F|
|Written exam||2/5||4 hours||A - F||None permitted|
Grade assessment of practical skills in outdoor winter. 60%
Mandatory Excursions: Students must attend the following mandatory field trips that are considered to pass:
Five days in Nesbyen: ski play, Alpine skiing, skate skiing and classic cross-country skiing.
Three-four day basic winter excursion to the Frikvarteret cabin at Ådneram in January.
Leading day excursions for sports students in their first year.
Four-day advanced winter life excursion to Sirdal.
Student -led group Winter excursions for a minimum of three nights.
- Course coordinator
- Åge Vigane
- Programme coordinator
- Cato Olsen Slettvold , Kari-Anne Svensen Malmo
- Course teacher
- Bjørnar Kjellstadli
Method of work
Eight days in Nesbyen: Ski play, Telemark skiing, Alpine skiing, skate skiing and classic cross-country skiing.
Three-day basic winter excursion to the Frikvarteret cabin at Ådneram in January. Module 1
Leading day excursions for sports students in their first year. Module 2
Four-day advanced winter life excursion to Sirdal. Module 3
Group winter excursions (egenferd) for a minimum of three nights. Module 4
Three-day outdoor coastal friluftsliv excursion to Langøy. Accommodation in tents.
Cycling day trip from Tungenes Lighthouse at Randaberg to Tanager harbour.
Group cycling trip (Egenferd). Minimum two nights.
Link to reading list
Sist oppdatert: 15.12.2019