The new expert group appointed by the Norwegian government is led by Mari Rege, an economics professor at UiS Business School.
– I am looking forward to starting working with this vital job, together with the other members in the expert group, Mari Rege says.
On Friday, August 12th, the Norwegian government appointed a new expert group that will propose measures that give children who grow up in poverty better living conditions, preventing that poverty from being inherited.
A complex challenge
– We've got a good mandate as a starting point for our work. Growing up in poverty is a complex challenge in our society, and many possible initiatives exist. The question is to find out what's more effective, both for giving the children a good and including childhood, but also to give them a chance to succeed with education and work, Rege says.
She explains that there's much relevant international and national research from different fields of study.
– We will look through this research, which will underlie the group discussions. We will also meet relevant actors, such as public bodies and voluntary organisations, and children and young people who experience poverty.
Delighted with the group
– Even though multiple governments have worked to prevent poverty among families with children, the number of children in low-income families is still increasing. An expert group can give us new advice on how they should prioritise it further, says Kjersti Toppe, the minister of children and families (Sp) in Norway, in a press release.
The expert group has these eight members, who all have relevant competence on the different subject areas.
- Leader: Mari Rege, Stavanger, professor
- Kjell Gunnar Salvanes, Bergen, professor
- Henrik Daae Zachrisson, Oslo, professor
- Tormod Bøe, Bergen, professor,
- Hanne Solfrid Glemmestad, Gjøvik, leader for professional council for social workers in Fellesorganisasjonen
- Tone Fløtten, Oslo, CEO
- Kjell Hugvik, Bodø, municipal director
- Nina Eirin Drange, Oslo, Post Doc
– I am delighted with this expert group, and I firmly believe that we'll get a high-quality explanation and suggestions that will be important in the government's work for reducing poverty in families with children, says Toppe.
News from UiS Business School
Students competed for the best consulting report.
Once again this year, students in the course "Economics of Motivation" had the opportunity to work as consultants in t...
Teaching students how to use AI
Acquiring proficiency in AI technology will be pivotal in the future job market. At the University of Stavanger Business...
Rune Dahl Fitjar is the new head of the Center for Innovation Research
Fitjar is a professor in innovation studies and comes from the position of Vice-Rector for Innovation and Society at the...
New Program Advisory Board for MSc in Business Administration established
In order to improve the quality and relevance of the MSc in Business Administration program, UiS Business School has est...
Become a teaching assistant at UiS Business School!
We are looking for talented and motivated students who want to combine their studies with a job during fall 2023. The ap...
– The program is top-notch, prestigious, challenging, engaging, and world-class
Hesam Salehi has a master's degree in business administration with a specialisation in strategic marketing and analytics...
Extended partnership between UiS and Norway Summit
The UiS Business School has announced the extension of its partnership with the business conference Norway Summit.
Chandan hopes to be a pioneering marketer and entrepreneur
That's why he chose to study Business Administration at the UiS Business School.
Master program in Law for UiS
UiS Business School has gotten permission to start up a two-year master's program in law. The language of instruction wi...
Robert Kreuzbauer is promoted to Professor in Strategy
His research focuses on the theoretical and empirical study of companies' innovation and branding strategy and strategic...
Prestigious award to a researcher from UiS Business School
Elham Ghazimatin is awarded the «Robert Lusch Early Career Research Award» for her research in marketing.
– What I liked most about UiS and the Business School is the degree of internationalization
UiS Business School and Centre for Innovation Research have had two guest researchers this semester.
– UiS ticked all the boxes for an appropriate international master's program
Syed Aqib Ali is taking the MSc in Business Administration at UiS Business School. He patted himself on the shoulder for...
– To get the opportunity to publish our own research means a lot
Two master students from UiS Business School have got their research published in an international journal
Students learn about motivation through working as consultants
In Economics of Motivations at UiS Business School, students participated in a case competition as consultants. The winn...
MSc students brought their case studies to a wind farm
– It was perfect that we could go out and see it with our own eyes, says Professor Gorm Kipperberg.
– This is an excellent achievement for our master' students
Three master students from UiS Business School are one of two finalists in the international marketing competition DMC.
– The expertise you get through the MSc in Business Administration gives a good foundation for any job in economics and finance
Marie Larsen Gellein holds three degrees at UiS Business School. After completing the MSc in Business Administration, sh...
Andrea Minto is promoted to professor in Law
The academic environment in the Department of Accounting and Law at UiS Business School is strengthening.
Research-Norway needs international students
Op-Ed Columnist: We believe that master's students are our youngest researchers. We are therefore very worried that we w...
KÅKÅ|nomics 2022: The biggest and most fun economic festival in the Nordic countries!
KÅKÅ|nomics 2022 is arranged from October 26. to October 29. in Stavanger. UiS Business School is a partner and co-organ...
Learn about clean energy and the green transition at UiS's new conference
UiS Business Schools' «Clean Energy Law and Economics Conference» is a new yearly conference in Stavanger that will expl...
Learning to create interventions that can change lives
Ph.D.-students and UiS faculty spent a full week diving into the methodology of behavioural interventions from Dr. David...
Serinha thought her new master's degree at UiS sounded futuristic
Serinha Murgorgo was looking for an international degree in innovation and chose UiS Business School. – Business develop...
– It is amazing to have Eric Bettinger giving a course here at UiS
He is one of the foremost RCTs experts and has again taught PhD-students from all over Europe at UiS.
Start-up company want the students' solutions
Ashley Moran participated in several InGenious challenges as a student at UiS. Now she is returning to the university wi...
Silje Haus-Reve is promoted to tenure
It is impressive how she has qualified for tenure through this demanding tenure-track in a short amount of time, says De...
Two intensive MSc years have got an extra intensive and educational start
To be best prepared for two demanding years, the master's program in Business Administration at UiS Business School has ...
Ola Kvaløy is awarded with The Leadership Quarterly Best Article Award
The award comes from one of the worlds leading journals on management research.
One of the world's foremost experts in econometrics taught PhD students
Professor in economics Magne Mogstad from the University of Chicago taught econometrics to PhD students from all over Eu...
Nhi Le chose UiS because she wants to impact the environment positively. Her background landed her a job in Vår Energi
Nhi Le's goal was to study and find the answers to how she could make the world a better place for human beings. The eco...
Got a summer internship at Laerdal Medical
My summer job: Navid is working with simulation-based learning for healthcare education.
Marte C.W. Solheim is a new Professor in Innovation Studies
Marte Cecilie Wilhelmsen Solheim is promoted to Professor in Innovation Studies at UiS Business School. Her research com...
Publication Prize for Professor Kenneth Wathne
Professor of Marketing at UiS Business School, Kenneth Henning Wathne, has received the publication prize of the most em...
Anders Åkerman is new Professor of Economics at UiS
Anders Åkerman is promoted to Professor of Economics at UiS Business School. He is mainly working on issues related to t...
Dengjun Zhang is the new Professor of Accounting
Dengjun Zhang is promoted to professor of accounting at the UiS Business School. His recent research focuses on economic...
Hongyan Shi is a new professor in Marketing
As a new professor at UiS Business School, Hongyan Shi wants to help students build their skills in decision-making.
Strong applicant numbers from international students to UiS Business School
The number of international applicants to the Master of Science in Business Administration has increased by over 70 perc...
Kenneth H. Wathne appointed member of the 2022 Louis W. Stern Award Committee
Professor Kenneth H. Wathne from the UiS Business School is appointed member of the 2022 Louis W. Stern Award Committee.