Water and Wastewater (BYG125)
After taking this course, the student should have basic knowledge and skills in measuring and designing water and drainage/wastewater systems.
This includes an introduction to urban hydrology, VA hydraulics, water quality and water pollution, water sources and water intake, water demand and supply, distribution of supply water, and stormwater treatment.
Knowledge about measuring and designing water and wastewater system will be the main topic.
Course description for study year 2023-2024. Please note that changes may occur.
Semester tution start
Number of semesters
Language of instruction
After taking the course, the students should have good knowledge about:
- Elements of water and wastewater engineering
- Measuring and designing the construction for water and wastewater system
- Planning and projecting water and wastewater system
- The use of computer tools for water and wastewater engineering
- Can design and plan water and wastewater system, using different methods
- Be able to use computer programs to plan and project
- Know the regulation, standard and technical and aesthetic-related parameters
- Water and wastewater land measurement.
- Establish a good level of knowledge in water and wastewater engineering
- The candidate has knowledge in applying procedures and regulations that must be followed in the given field
- Be able to plan and present a project assignment in collaboration with other students, both in writing and in graphics
Required prerequisite knowledge
Writtten exam and a project assignments
|Form of assessment||Weight||Duration||Marks||Aid|
|Project assignments||1/2||Letter grades|
|Writtten exam||1/2||4 Hours||Letter grades||All|
The form of assessment consists two parts: 50% written exam and 50% project assignments (consists of two parts: 30% group work on technical plans and 20% group work on dimensioning. Overall grade on project assignments is calculated by the course teacher). No continuation option will be offered for project assignments, and students who do not pass and/or wish to improve their grade on project assignments must take this assessment section again the next time it is offered as an ordinary assessment. All assessment parts must be passed to get an overall grade in the course BYG125.
Compulsory course attendance that must be completed and approved before access to the laboratory: Electronic Course in Health, Safety and Environment
The compulsory laboratory report is assessed as approved/not approved, and must be approved to get access to project assignments and the written exam.
Course coordinator:Ari Krisna Mawira Tarigan
Course teacher:Tor Edvard Klinkenberg
Course teacher:Swen Roemer
Course teacher:Guzman Cruz Rodriguez
Coordinator laboratory exercises:Andreas Skaare
Head of Department:Tore Markeset
Method of work
|Water and Sewage (BIB620_1)||10|