Physics Laboratory (FYS210)
The course gives an introduction to the field of experimental measurements.
Course description for study year 2023-2024. Please note that changes may occur.
Semester tution start
Number of semesters
Language of instruction
After having completed this course the student should be able to:
- Realise that different types of uncertainties are to be associated with experimental measurements.
- Conduct standard procedures for propagation of errors.
- Apply statistical methods for analysing and presenting experimental data.
- Exercise basic experimental skills with focus on accuracy.
- Write a technical report.
Required prerequisite knowledge
Written exam and laboratory report
|Form of assessment||Weight||Duration||Marks||Aid|
|Written exam||3/5||4 Hours||Letter grades|
|Laboratory report||2/5||Letter grades|
All parts must be passed in order to obtain a final grade in the course.Lab report: If a student fails or want to improve the grade, she/he has to do the lab report again the following year.
Course coordinator:Olena Zavorotynska
Course teacher:Stian Penev Ramsnes
Method of work
|Physics Laboratory (BIT170_1)||5|