Road Planning (BYG130)
The course Road Planning will give understanding and knowledge about road and transport planning, and training in computer-based road design.
Course description for study year 2023-2024. Please note that changes may occur.
Semester tution start
Number of semesters
Language of instruction
The course provides basic knowledge about road and transport planning, and knowledge to plan and design streets and roads.
The course provides training in the use of computer tools in road design and preparation and presentation of road plans. Training in the use of Novapoint, laboratory exercises with report, and project assignment in engineering with Novapoint.
- Knowledge of the Norwegian Road Administration's handbooks in road planning/road design
- Knowledge of principles for geometric design and the technical execution of roads and GS roads
- Knowledge of using data tools for use in road planning
- Knowledge of materials for road use as well as various laboratory tests
- Knowledge of planning processes, technical plans, and regulation plans
- Be able to plan transport and traffic systems and design roads and streets of different types
- Be able to use computer programs to plan and project
- Knowing legislation, road standards, and technical and aesthetic forming parameters
- Be able to plan and present a project assignment in collaboration with other students, both in writing and graphically
- Contribute electronic presentation of road projects
Required prerequisite knowledge
Project assignment and written exam
|Form of assessment||Weight||Duration||Marks||Aid|
|Written exam||3/5||4 Hours||Letter grades||Standard calculator|
The project assignment is in groups. There is no continuation exam for the project assignment. Students who do not pass the project assignment can take this part again the next time the course has regular teaching.
Course teacher:Kjartan Gidskehaug
Course coordinator:Ari Krisna Mawira Tarigan
Programme coordinator:Camilla Mellegård
Laboratory Engineer:Guzman Cruz Rodriguez
Course teacher:Jarle Berge
Course teacher:John Charles Grønli
Coordinator laboratory exercises:Andreas Skaare
Head of Department:Tore Markeset
Method of work
|Highway planning (BIB570_1)||10|
|Technical Planning (BIB330_1)||5|
|Road design (BIB370_1)||5|