Practical training in City Planning and Societal Safety (BYS300)
Internship / Placement
Course description for study year 2023-2024. Please note that changes may occur.
Semester tution start
Number of semesters
Language of instruction
The course supplements other courses in the programme, and after completing the course, students are expected to have the following knowledge, skills and competence:
Students should have knowledge of
- how their professional competence can be applied in working life
- how to apply for a job, how to start a new business as well
- implementation of relevant tasks in business in collaboration with other employees or customers.
Students should be able to
- Use professional knowledge that the study provides and apply in a real work situation
- Gain insight into how companies organize their work and relate professional questions to real and current situations in working life
- Reflect more consciously on one's own competence and discuss the use of professional competence in practice
- Demonstrate independence in theoretical and creative professional work.
- Experience real application and employment processes in working life
- Write professional texts based on the needs of the employer
- Critically evaluate your own internship experience
Required prerequisite knowledge
|Form of assessment||Weight||Duration||Marks||Aid|
|Prosjektarbeid og framlegg||1/1||Passed / Not Passed|
The student must submit a critically reflective report (incl. signed timesheet) on their practical training. This report is presented to students and teachers at an agreed time and place.The course has a continuous assessment. All parts must be passed to obtain a final grade in the course.NOTE: According to Regulations relating to studies and examinations at the University of Stavanger section 3-10 point 2, a student has 2 attempts in this course, with the opportunity to apply for a 3rd attempt.